Deborah Milano Double Effect Volume & Length Mascara

sreda, februar 20, 2019


I'm not sure when this mascara launched, it could already be a couple of years old, but it's my first mascara from Deborah. It's also my first mascara with a wand that can be set to two different steps, promising to give two different effects with each: one for definition and one for volume, so you can use it in three ways to achieve the result you want.


On step one, which is the default setting of this mascara, the bristles are spaced parallel which is the usual shape of a mascara that promises definition. Despite that this is the setting I'm not very happy with when it comes to separating the lashes and the reason for that is the relatively large gap between bristles that is making my lashes form individual clusters, therefore making it appear like I have thick, yet a lot less lashes that I do. Setting two pulls the wand down and shortens it, as well as it creates a spiral pattern with bristles much closer together. I find this setting much more effective both in terms of definition and in creating volume.
 
Only step 1 on the left and only step two on the right. If both are used at the same time, you get the effect of the second step.

Looking straight on. So much length is just gone due to not holding the lashes curled.

Formula is not my favourite, even though it's nicely black, it's not messy and it gives a very nice amount of volume with one coat, however, it makes the lashes feel very hard and stiff, so I can feel it on the eyes. It also doesn't keep my lashes up, meaning they stay straight and since they are long, they hit my glasses and with stiff lashes it's annoying and on occasions a bit painful, so I need to wear my glasses lower on my nose. It's more of a my problem than it will be for you, but the main take from this is that it's like coating your lashes with a strong hair spray. The volume though is quite impressive for a mascara with a plastic brush.


Deborah is sold in DM here and this mascara currently costs 7.99 €.

This is an overdone mascara that as far as I'm concerned could have just had a wand with the second step spiral pattern and be done with it.  Formula is very volumising and if you don't mind stiff lashes, it's not a bad one at all, however, I like my lashes to feel less hard.

Have a great day!

*PR product

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. I've never tried anything from this brand before :o i enjoy my light-feeling mascaras though hahaha essence onces are great!

    dorky-and-weird.blogspot.com

    Xoxo <3

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Essence is proof you can do a fantastic mascara for not a lot of money, so I rarely stray away from them, apart to Beyu. This Deborah one is sadly just too crispy for my taste.

      Izbriši
  2. pret a volume by catrice is the best mascara

    OdgovoriIzbriši

TRANSLATE