Essence Velvet Matte lipstick

sobota, februar 16, 2019


I've had this post in my drafts since the previous Essence update and the reason for that is because the lipstick I got is so different from the testers in the shop. These replaced their previous quite popular Mat! Mat! Mat! formula, so I assumed they just changed the packaging and while I'm not going to claim their previous version was my absolute favourite, it was pretty good and the matte finish was really great. My lipstick is like a classic creamy formula with a shine on the lips, so far from that nice matte finish the previous ones had, however, I've swatched the formula several times in the shop (when it was new and now) and those have that same matte finish. So I'm pretty confused about this one, whether mine is an odd one or it's this shade or something else entirely, but it's not my favourite. 


Texture: (Judging from my tube) the new formula feels more creamy and it doesn't have a matte finish, instead it's more of a creamy-satin. Due to being creamy, it's a comfortable formula that also those with dry lips will be able to wear with no problems. It's fully opaque and you get enough colour with one swipe.


Shade: 06 Unredsistible is a hot pink watermelon shade that leans to red. It's the brightest colour in the collection, though not the boldest, as there is a black available. 


Staying power: Essence lipsticks are not known for their ability to stay long on the lips and this is no exception, though it's still close to average, at least at this bright shade.

Scent: It's got a fruity vanilla scent.

Packaging: The tubes are not the same as the ones from Shine lipsticks, except the cap is matte. The latter are in the colour of the lipsticks with makes them easy to spot. The cap closes well, which is a plus at such an affordable lipsticks.


 Price and availability: These are sold in drugstores and cost 2.59 €


I think I've said everything in the introduction, but essentially this particular tube did not impress me at all. It's a nice creamy, fully opaque lipstick, but it's not matte and it transfers which is not what I'd expect from such a formula. However, as I said the testers in the shop are different, especially the light shades which look like the old formula. I thought that as it ages, it'll get more dry and more matte like I noticed at the testers at the shop, since some became almost like crayons by now, but mine is still exactly the same as the day I got it. As far as Essence goes I'm sticking to their Mad about Matte formula which is properly matte, doesn't transfer and is so far the most long lasting formula they offer.


Have a great day!

*PR product

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. What a beautiful lipstick! I love the look of the colour, but it's a shame about the formula xx

    Hannah | luxuryblush

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. I think this brand do not get enough coverage as even so they are budget type of make up I do believe they are good quality I do own a couple of their products and to this date I never been disappointed.
    Great colour on you by the way.

    http://www.mariesconnections.com/

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. Thanks for sharing this beautyfull article with us

    OdgovoriIzbriši

TRANSLATE