Revolution PRO Pro Supreme Matte Lip Pigment Visionary

ponedeljek, februar 04, 2019


I don't know how matte lip creams I've tried so far, but there have been many. This one is one of the slowest ones to set and also not quite as long lasting as those best ones, but it exists in an impressive range of 30 shades which is a big plus.


Texture: This is the thickest matte lip cream I've tried. It's similar to Rimmel's Stay Satin formula, but thicker and more mousse like. It's opaque in one coat and needs at least 10-15 minutes to dry to a matte finish. It's comfortable before it dries, like a satin liquid lipstick and once it sets it's fine to me, but it might feel tight to some. It's most similar in terms of how it feels on the lips when it sets to Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet.


Shade: Visionary is a nude beige shade that leans to peach on me, but the darker your skin tone, it's likely the more pinky-nude it'll look.


Staying power: While this doesn't transfer when it dries (apart from the innermost part of the lips), it unlike for example Deborah's Mat Lip Fluid formula, doesn't survive eating. For a liquid matte lipstick staying power isn't amazing, but compared to a regular lipstick it's still much better.


Packaging: It's stored in a square black tube with windows on each side so you can see the colour. The applicator is a standard doe foot. 

Price and availability: It's sold on Ličila.si for 6.99 €.


Though I did write a rather lacklustre review and admittedly this was one of the products that as soon as I saw it I intended to pass on to someone else, however, I gave away a big bag of makeup and ended up keeping this. I started to like it in the past months since I got it. Not because of the formula, which is fine, yet nothing special, but it's this shade that I quite like. It's not too warm and a nice nude that I like the look of. So worth it? It's a decent offering and a selection of 30 shades is impressive, but there are better drugstore formula if you're looking for good staying power.

Have a great day!

*PR product.

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. I do love the look of this colour, but I'm not sold on the formula. I think I'll be giving this one a miss, but it suits you so much xx

    Hannah | luxuryblush

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Yeah, I've tried way better formulas and Revolution as most of the times, still has room for improvement. But I still kept this one because of the shade. Thank you :)

      Izbriši

TRANSLATE