Revlon Kiss Cloud Blotted Lip Color Cherry on a Cloud

nedelja, februar 14, 2021


I think these are fairly new, at least we don't have them in Slovenia yet. Revlon was a long-time neglected brand on my part, but since I've tried several products in the last year, it quickly became one of my favourite brands (along with Maybelline based on the contents of my makeup drawer), in particular I'm a huge fan of their lip product. This is something quite unique from the type of products I've tried, as usually similar products are fully opaque.


Texture: This is a semi-opaque mousse-like formula that starts off with a creamy finish and in time it sets to a matte one. Since it's semi-opaque and mine is one of the deeper shades, it can look uneven if you really don't dedicate some extra time to the application, but I actually found a way around by just applying one coat on the bottom lip, them "mash" my lips together evenly distributing the colour and I get a nice matte stained red lips, which looks so good. It feels very lightweight on the lips and once it dries it doesn't feel like a tight layer.


Shade: Cherry on a Cloud is a warm-neutral red. 

Staying power: This part is somewhat disappointing to me because ironically Revlon makes the most long-lasting lip colour (their Colorstay Overtime), but this one disappears in a few hours despite being red, which at other lipsticks tend to stain and last much longer. It doesn't survive eating or drinking well, despite being matte and transfer-proof.

Packaging: This is quite a tiny, cute little thing, regardless it contains 5 ml, which is about the same as their Ultra HD Liquid Lipsticks/ Vinyl Lip Polishes.


Price and availability: I bought mine on Look Fantastic for £5.35.

I love the matte stain effect this creates because it's such a nice, subtle way to wear a red. However, I just wish that the staying power were a bit better. Their Kiss Cushions can also be applied as a stain and are more long-lasting, plus feel so nicely balmy on the lips, but are not matte. Crimson Feels is a similar red that is on my wishlist.  

You Might Also Like

1 comments

TRANSLATE