July favourites and wishlist

sreda, julij 31, 2024


MISSHA Radiance Perfect Fit Cushion SPF50 PA+++
19 Ivory
I found a cushion foundation with a shade that matches me. It's similar to the discontinued Missha's BB cream RX in terms of shade (#17). Coverage is about medium with a small amount on the sponge and it blends with ease. It's a great compact for a quick application. Finish is glowy in a non-greasy way. It has niacinamide high on the list, then centella asiatica, several extracts and oils, adenosine, and ceramides.


I pick this up every summer. It's perfect for applying over coats of shiny SPFs, as I get coverage like at a liquid foundation and a setting powder in one. So there's less layers of makeup on my face and the skin is dry-to-the-touch. Coverage is surprisingly good and buildable. It's capable of covering red blemish marks and under eye circles, but some of my darker freckles are visible. Gosh even has a shade light enough for me.


PUPA Vamp! Liquid Eyeshadow
002 Golden Rose, 005 Champagne and 011 Mocha
Once these set, they don't move. There's no creasing like at a lot liquid eyeshadows I tried. It takes more time to blend them than creamy stick eyeshadows, but it also depends on the shade - the lighter they are, the easier it is. The matte Mocha ends up most even on the skin, while shimmers need more attention to avoid possible sheer patches, but they can be build up to nice shimmery finish that you can't achieve with a regular eyeshadow. If you're looking for a glamorous shimmery eyeshadow these are a good choice.


LA ROCHE-POSAY Anthelios UVmune 400 SPF 50+
This is not my favourite SPF in terms of comfort and shine, but it's the one I wear most because of the advanced sun filters. It's liquid, but there is some oiliness to it, so it stays tacky on the skin for a long time. On my very pale skin, there's a yellow tint visible after application and it's shiny, but it doesn't have a white cast. I often spend a lot of time in the sun on hot days and this protects me well.

ORIFLAME Novage+ Proceuticals Ultra Light UV-Age Day Shield SPF 50
The SPF I'm most fond of this year. It doesn't feel greasy and I can easily apply 2-3 fingers worth of product. It's has some shine at the start, but it quite quickly settles to a matte/invisible one on my (dry) skin. It has no scent and it doesn't irritate my eyes. It's just nice.

ROHTO MENTHOLATUM Melty Cream Lip SPF25/PA+++
Milk Vanilla
A lip balm with an SPF that doesn't have a bad taste like Aveo's version. It's got about the same creamy texture as Bee Natural, Palmer's Swivel Stick and Lip Smackers formulas, so an excellent lip balm for dry lips.


L'OCCITANE 5% Shea Butter Ultra Rich Wash
I've loved the hand cream and the scent of it for years, but I never tried hand soaps before and I was delighted by this formula. I expected a thick, creamy texture, so I was surprised to see how liquid it is. However, the texture is unique, as though it feels light and doesn't really foam well, it's like a body lotion has been watered down, so it feels nourishing on the skin, yet it doesn't leave any residue. The scent is also heavenly, their classic shea butter scent, the same as the hand cream.

ORIFLAME Neon Vibes Body Wash
This has such a great uplifting, summery scent. It's described as floral fruity, but it's almost pure passionfruit. Otherwise it's a standard shower gel that foams ok.


LA RIVE Solare
This smells just like European sunscreens (Nivea and a bit like Sun Dance) and it's perfect for summer. It's a cheap scent, so it doesn't have the best staying power, but I can smell the developed sweeter fainter version of the scent hours after application.


WISHLIST AND WHAT'S NEW

SABRINA CARPENTER Sweet Tooth - this smells so much like a discontinued fragrance I used a very long time ago, L'Occitane Vanilla. It's a pleasant gourmand, a complex vanilla that smells more mature than you'd expect based on the packaging. It's creamy, woody and a little bit spicy. I'm getting this when the temperatures drop. A cheaper body mist exists too.

DEBORAH MILANO Easy Color Blush & Lipstick - I spotted this on Insta, not yet in shops. The name says it all, it's a matte liquid lipstick that doubles as a blush.

CERAVE Skin Renewing Vitamin C Serum - I hear this is one of the more impressive vitamin C products in terms of results. I've had quite a few by now and rare ones impressed me.

OGX Hydrate & Revive Argan Oil & Morocco Hair Mask - This arrived in DM's here. Reviews are good. I've only tried one of the bonding conditioners which was okay-ish, but I never tried their argan and coconut line which are said to be good.

GARNIER SkinActive Erase it All Makeup Cleansing Balm - I saw two versions online, Hyaluronic Acid and Vitamin C, but ingredients lists are almost identical. I'm more into cleansing oils, as they are less fussy to use, but this might be interesting if it ever gets here.

By the way, I also already saw some announcement for new Catrice and Essence products on Instagram. I'm not going to steal pictures, so here are links:
Essence - I might pick up another shade of Baby got Blush, that Juicy Melon tinted lip & Cheek balm and Correct & Conceal Under Eye Brightener in that pink shade looks like their stick version
Catrice - I like the look of Blush Affair Cream & Powder duo, Invisible Cover foundation (though I've never trully liked any of their foundations) and Bright & Blur Loose Powder.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

TRANSLATE