Best Buys Under 5 €

sreda, september 17, 2014


It's actually not that easy to find a good product that is under 5 € and I admit I struggled to get a nice bunch of products for this post. I have loads of products that I love which are just above the price mark (literally a few cents more), but I won't cheat and I plan to show them in a another drugstore favourites post. I selected 11 products that are available either in drustores or online or even in larger supermarkets and all are nice cheap thrills. So here is my selection.


2.89 €.
Yes, I could select a lot of products from Essence for this post, but you know what - I don't find them that thrilling and I much, much prefer Catrice, especially when it comes to quality. Although L'Oreal's eyeshadows are my uncontested favourites in the drugstore ranks, Catrice's are a close second. I love the colour range, there are some gorgeous neutral shades as well as a few brighter colours and you can create a selection that rivals any combination in the popular neutral palettes. The pigmentation of these is great and they blend really well, even the matte shades are excellent quality. If you're looking for some inexpensive fun products I highly recommend you check them out. My favourite is a taupe shade called 350 Starlight Expresso.
By the way, I just quickly swatched the new velvet matte eyeshadows by Catrice and they are fabulous as well. 

3.79 €.
I just can't shut up about these blushes. The formula of these won my heart - it's just perfect - smooth and pigmented, these blend so well, but foremost they actually manage to stay put on my cheeks a lot longer than any other blush I tried, except Benefit's Coralista. My favourite shade is Rose Royce which is an amazing rosy-neutral shade that goes with everything. 


4.95 € (might be more expensive depending on where you buy them).
These really are so good! They boast with a lovely creamy texture that is super pigmented, blends well and once it sets stays put for hours. I tend to use them for a quick eyeshadow look or, my preferred way, as a base. There are a lot of shades to choose from, but Permanent Taupe, a matte taupe, is without a doubt my favourite cream eyeshadow as well as one my favourite colours in general.


1.85 €.
These could easily be described as the most convenient product to satisfy the craving for a cheap trill. Everyone needs lip balm, you use it all the time and they are usually in every grocery shop at the registers. Fruity Shines are one of the most fun ones with is a nice selection of tinted balms with juicy scents. My favourite is peach and I find it has one of the best peach scents out there as well as a lovely natural peach tint. These aren't the most moisturising lip balms, but they are nice for everyday use. 


2.95 € , only in DM (not in Slovenia, sorry).
I never expected such a brilliant brush for such an affordable price. It's an excellent super soft blending brush that I use also for applying a gentle wash of colour in the crease or on the lids. Basically, I can do almost an entire eye makeup with it, though due to its softness it's more for subtle looks and it performs best with high quality eyeshadows. 

£3.75 (4.7 €), E.l.f. website.
I love how dense, yet still soft this brush is and it's just feels so well made. I use it for so many things from blending concealer, applying setting powder under the eyes and around the nose, applying a base eyeshadow colour all-over the lid, blending and even contouring. Truly a versatile brush.


2.29 €, only in E.Leclerc.
Micellar waters are a part of my everyday routine when I'm removing makeup, so I use a lot of them. This one is incredibly affordable and just as good as the rest drugstore versions. As most micellar waters it feels super light - like water and it removes makeup effectively, leaving the skin clean and refreshed. 

1.51 €, only in E.Leclerc.
This is such a wonderful, gentle cleanser that is also really fun to use. It looks like those whipped creams in a can and the mousse actually resembles whipped cream a bit due to the super dense texture. It also smells so lovely and it really makes the morning cleanse an enjoyable experience.


DOVE Nourishing Shower Gel
2-3 €.
I wouldn't be surprised if there was another version of this lying somewhere in the house - I think our house might be the fan central of Dove Nourishing shower gels. These are seriously so good - incredibly creamy and luxurious feeling due to a thicker formula, they are especially loved in my household because they are nourishing and don't leave the skin feeling dry or itchy. I love the scent of these, all three actually: the classic original Dove scent, the sensuous coconut milk with jasmine one and the sweet almond with hibiscus one. If your skin is dry, give them a go.


£2.99 (3.7 €), online on Boots International and Asos.
Though my hair is far from greasy, I don't shy away from dry shampoo on days between the washing. I've tried a few so far and Batiste is my favourite. It properly refreshes the hair, giving it more life and body as well as makes it smell nice, it's like an additional fragrance. When it comes to dry shampoo, for me the most important features are that it doesn't leave the hair white and that it smells nice. My hair is dark brown and Batiste can leave a white cast if I spray too close, but it's easy to blend it in. However, what I really appreciate is the large selection of scents and Wild is my current favourite. It has a lovely oriental scent, I smell notes of chocolate, vanilla, musk and wood that combine into a nice perfume version of a scent rather than gourmand one, like the Tropical version has.


3.08 €, eBay this seller.
These are so awesome. I could never find decent sectioning clips for a reasonable price here, so I ordered these from eBay and they are so good. They feel so professional and well made with the matte rubberised texture, you'd never think they were so cheap. I use them all the time when I blow-dry my hair to clip the hair out of the way or to create volume or curls - just brilliant stuff. 


Do you have any recommendation for great affordable products? Have a great day!

You Might Also Like

24 comments

  1. Super post :)
    Zelo uporabno. Pa tudi jaz obožujem tele Fruity Shine Labelle <3

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Hvala :) Sem imela že kar nekaj verzij Fruity Shine - jagodo, granatno jabolko, dragon fruit,.. - ampak mi je breskev daleč najboljša :)

      Izbriši
  2. Joj meni so tudi Dove tuš geli tako všeč! :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Pri nas so stalnica v kopalnici že kar nekaj let :)

      Izbriši
  3. Se strinjam za Catrice in Batiste, vidim pa da bom morala sprobat še kar nekaj drugih reči :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Catrice ima super izdelke za nizke cene, so mi veliko boljši od Essence :)

      Izbriši
  4. Super objava:) catrice ima res dobra sencila,ne vem zakaj ne kupim vec odtenkov. Blushi mi niso vsec,verjetno zato ker so mat. Tatuji so pa res odlicni. Vsakic ko jih vidim si zazelim da bi bilo vec odtenkov. Elf copic je dovolj mehak za pod oci?:)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Jaz bi kar večino mojih prastarih senčil, ki jih nikoli ne uporabljam zamenjala za Catrice, so še najboljša za ceno :)
      E.l.f. čopič je dovolj mehek in dobro zblenda, je pa malo velik, ampak vseeno primeren za pod oči :)

      Izbriši
  5. Super izbor Mateja! jaz sem sla pa ravno danes v leclerc na Rudnik z namenom da kupim cistilno peno. sem se zgleda predolgo odpravljala saj ni bilo niti ene vec. sem eno punco, ki je polnila police vprašala če je še kaj na zalogi pa je rekla da ne in da tudi vsaj še dva tedna ne bo.. :/ prav škoda. ko jo zagledam pridhodnjič kupim dve :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Kaj res? Sem upala, da bi šla iskat eno na zalogo. Bom pa drugič :)

      Izbriši
  6. Odličan odabir sa kojim se slažem!
    www.anaviglam.com

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  7. Tole Labello morem enkrat kupit in pa Dove tuš gele morem sprobat - ne morem verjet, da še nobenga nisem :O (pa sem že nameravala en vonj kupit, ker se mi je dopadel, ampak imam preveliko zalogo).

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Ti priporočam, da sprobaš Dove tuš gele, so veliko boljši od večine poceni gelov :)

      Izbriši
  8. hi there! thanks for great post!
    where did u buy those Catrice eye shadows?

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I got them in Müller and DM drugstores. If you're wondering where Catrice is sold in Portugal, they have locations on their website :)

      Izbriši
    2. thanks, it is sold here, but not very near to my place....you've got my attention to this brand though :-)

      Izbriši
  9. Super izbor! Catrice blushi so res super! Pa Dove geli za tusirat mmmmm. Ce ti disi kokus, potem probaj se nov Afroditin kremni gel za tusirat. ;)
    Te spangice si bom pa tudi jaz privoscla, za susenje las bojo super!;)
    xo

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Ne vem zakaj se Afrodite izogibam. Sem imela en dokaj brezvezen losjon od njih dolgo nazaj in od takrat sploh ne kupujem skoraj nič slovenske kozmetike, ker pa predvidevam, da je slaba. Bom preverila tale tuš gel :)
      Ti jih priporočam, pridejo zelo prav tele špangice :)

      Izbriši
  10. Great budget picks! I so so so agree with you on Labello lip balm and Batiste dry shampoo :-) And Catrice is a really nice budget brand.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Catrice is definitely a fantastic budget brand :) I liked most of the stuff I tried from them.

      Izbriši
  11. Super izbira!
    Se strinjam za Batiste (čeprav sem do zdaj preizkusila samo enega - ki sem ga našla na Hrvaškem v Zadru), Tattoo-je (Pernament Taupe je tudi moje najljubše<3 ) in Dove gele - daleč najboljši in najbolj 'luksuzni', nekako ne morem verjeti, da jih že celo večnost nisem kupila - prevelike zaloge drugih gelov. Najbolj mi je všeč vonj mandelj-hibiskus :)

    Pa moram preizkusit ta dva izdelka od Inell, slišita se več kot super. :))

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. V Zadru si našla Batiste? No krasno, pa skoraj v vsaki drogeriji tam sem bila :).

      Meni je pa od Dove najbolj všeč kokos-jasmin :)

      Izbriši
    2. Ja, v Supernovi v DMu. :) Sicer sem našla samo blush verzijo, enega za temnejše lase pa ni bilo več na zalogi (sem videla samo etiketo in prazno polico), drugače bi tistega vzela.

      Izbriši
    3. A daj nehaj! Točno tam sem bila. Še Aussie balzam brez izpiranja sem kupila. Rabim nova očala...

      Izbriši

TRANSLATE