New in #50

petek, november 25, 2016


L.O.V. EffectFul Concealer Pen
020 Bright Rose 
This caught my eye because it looks very similar to my all-time favourite concealer The Eraser by Maybelline, at which I really love the sponge applicator since it makes application and blending so easy. This one already has a smaller and also harder sponge, so it's not as good, especially at blending, but it is similar. The formulas however, aren't that alike, in fact it's more like L'Oreal's Magic Lumi, which isn't actually a concealer, but a sort of a highlighter, although if I apply a very generous amount I get a medium coverage and it looks very natural on the skin. The shade is absolutely perfect for me and because it matches me so well, it literally looks like I'm not wearing makeup, I got 020 which is a bit lighter than 015 and it has a yellow undertone. This is very dewy on the skin when applied, but it sets in time. 
Müller, 8.99 €

TREND IT UP Powder Blush 
050
I saw this at Petra and fell in love with it immediately, even before she posted swatches, but after she did, I was determined I need it. Pigmentation is good, the texture is silky, there's no powdery residue when you swirl you brush in it and it has this beautiful satin glow on the cheeks. The shade is less peachy/warm and closer to mauve than Catrice's I'm nuts about you, though they look similar on the cheeks. I just love it, though staying power could be better.
DM, 3.49 €


CATRICE Neo-Natured Collection
Swatches on the lips and cheeks here 

Blush C01 Walk in the Woods
This was the only item I wanted from this collection and I luckily found one in DM. It's not just the packaging that attracted me (that opening mechanism is so addictive), but the colour also looked like my type of shade. While it is indeed a muted type of colour that I usually wear, it's still quite a classic warm (peachy) pink. On my cheeks it looks natural enough without stepping into the candy cheeks territory, so obviously I like it a lot. The quality isn't the same as the rest of Catrice's blushes, as it's more powdery to the touch and also not as pigmented or long lasting, but it's still good.

Eyeshadow Palettes C01 Walden's Leaf Letter and C02 Soothe of the Soul
I only got testers for the stands, so I don't have these in a normal packaging, which one set shattered all over the envelope (So.Much.Fun), so these are quite fragile. Surprisingly I like the first green set a lot more and it has that old gold quality to it, which makes it very wearable. The second it already a more classic brown collection of shades for a smoky eye. All the shades, apart from the dark one in C02, which is incredibly pigmented, have a medium pigmentation and need building up. 


Lipsticks in C02 Maroon Mélange and C03 Woodland Liberry
Both of these look terrible on me, though I though C03 looked good in the tube. Maroon Mélange is a brown red shade and Woodland LiBerry is a mauve brown shade. Both have a very light, creamy texture, very pigmented and need a lip liner if you want a precise application. The wood/bamboo packaging is really eye-catching and lovely.


SOAP & GLORY The Ultimelt Deep Purifying Hot Cloth Cleanser
I got this because I heard nothing but good things about it and I'm currently on a search for a new cleanser that will make my skin as good as the first tube of Balance Me I had. I don't think this is it. It's a hot cloth cleanser, so a simple cream type of product that you remove with a cloth (included in the set), but I was a bit shocked when I discovered this isn't that gentle around the eyes. I only got a slight sting a few times, but since I'm quite a hardy person when it comes to these things, I can't imagine how it would behave on more sensitive skin. It's easy to use, but it doesn't remove all the makeup, in particular the eye makeup. I also noticed that my skin got significantly drier almost the day I started using this and on all the usual places, so tops of my cheekbones and around the eyebrows, which actually made me stop using it for a while and I'll try it again later (dryness disappeared when I switched cleansers). The scent also isn't as good as I imagined it, but it's nice enough as it smells kind of like lavender in a very herbal type of way.
Boots International, £10.00


SOAP & GLORY Orangeasm Super Rich Body Butter
S&G makes some of the best skin care products, including body butters. The texture of this one is unreal, it's so smooth and whipped, but it intensely moisturises the skin, which is exactly what I need now that my skin is visibly dry and flaky. I expected a scent of freshly squeezed orange juice, but it lacks both the zesty feel and sweetness. However, this smells so real and natural, like I'm peeling an orange and there is that bitterness from the white bit of the orange peel. I realised a few days ago that it smells like Lush shop to me and that reminds me of winter and Christmas. It also contains this mini orange beads that burst when you rub the lotion on the skin. Not sure what they do, but they look cool. I'm so glad I have this as a replacement for my recently used up Balea Body Butter.
Boots International, £10.00


SOAP & GLORY Sugar Crush Body Scrub 
I adore S&G's body scrubs and I plan to try all of them, so this is the one new one to me that I picked up this time. I expected a completely different scent based on descriptions from reviewers, I was so sure this will be a sweet lemon cake type of scent, but it's a lot more fresh, like a cocktail, but the lemon gives it a slight cleaning supplies tinge (which actually no one else noticed than me). I'm not sure I like it yet, but it's not bad. The texture is similar to Flake Away, meaning this is an oily type of scrub, but it has less exfoliating particles, it's less thick and it completely washes off, so there's no oily residue on the skin. It's not as harsh as Flake Away, but it's still much better than most scrubs we have here in Slovenia.
Boots International, £8.00

SOAP & GLORY Flake Away Body Scrub 
My old favourite and the product that made me fall in love with this brand. The scent is amazing, it's somewhat like Miss Dior Cherie fragrance, but without the earthy-spicy note of patchouli. This is a sugar scrub in the most perfect way, not too oily like Afrodita's and neither too dry and crumbly, but it is very intense, so harsh just like I like it. It leaves an oily filter behind, so no additional moisturiser is needed, plus it acts as a fragrance.
Boots International, £8.00


SOAP & GLORY HAPPY PAMPER Gift Set
I bought this for a gift, but did already I own Righteous Butter before and it's so good, that's also the reason I wanted to share it with someone. It smells like flake Away Scrub, so similar to Miss Dior Cherie, but not the same, it's softer. Inside is also a mini shower cream with the same scent, except it's more soapy.
Boots International, £5.00


SOAP & GLORY Sugar Crush Hand Sanitizer
I adore the Hand Maid version, it is by far the best antibacterial gel I used because it also moisturises the skin. This one has a more cleaning supplies scent than the scrub, so I'm not loving it to be honest, it just reminds me of cleaning every time I use it, but the actually formula is the same, meaning it's great quality. It doesn't leave the hands dry, it actually feels a bit nourishing and it doesn't leave any weird filter behind. BBW's are still cuter, but these are better in terms of quality.
Boots International, £2.50

SECHE VITE Dry Fast top coat
I tried living without it, I really did, but I can't. I can't live without its amazing fast drying abilities and it definitely prevents chips for a while. HG product.
Boots International, £9.00


NEUTROGENA T/Gel Anti-Dandruff Dermatological Shampoo for Dry Hair
I couldn't resist tying this straight away because T/Gel Total is so far the most effect anti-dandruff shampoo I tried, but since my hair is very dry, I was so happy to find that a version for dry hair exists as well. The bottle is larger than that of Total, which is an intensive treatment, while this is more of a maintainer and I find it's not quite as effective unless I do the triple wash, but it's still so much more effective than anything else, however I will need some additional product to help it work even more effectively. The scent is also much better and there is none of that burnt rubber smell, instead it's a clean shampoo scent. It lathers fine and it doesn't nourish my hair as much I as I would wish, but at least it doesn't dry it out. So far I'm liking this, I just so hope it doesn't stop working and I'm still going to repurchase the Total version.
Boots International, £6.99


LEE STAFFORD Coco Loco Coconut Hairspray 
Hold Tight is by far my favourite hair spray and I was going to repurchase my third can, when I saw this new coconut one. We actually have this line in Slovenia (while Hold Tight disappeared), but not this hairspray, so I decided to risk it and just hope it's as good. The original hair spray has an Angel like scent, which isn't everyone's cup of tea, this one is again very strong, but it is a decent coconut scent. Don't expect a Raffaelo type of fragrance, maybe I should just say don't expect too much, it's a hair spray after all and all have a similar note. It's more like Yves Rocher Noix de Coco meets sour type of coconut scent. In terms of how it performs, I see no noticeable difference between Hold Tight. It's a very similar type of hair spray that has a really good hold, but feels like nothing on the hair (crunchy hair is my pet peeve since my hair is coarse enough by itself). I classify this as a good buy and I love the packaging as well, but why do I have to order this online when most of the Coco Loco line is sold in Müller is beyond me. 
Boots International, £5.99


DOVE Style+Care Frizz Free Cream Serum
This. Is. It. I've been nagging about looking for a dupe for Dove's Super Quench, which disappeared from our shelves the moment I discovered its awesomeness and I've been carefully saving my precious supply of it. This is the same - the same type of creamy serum leave-in conditioner that can be used on both damp and dry hair and it makes my hair impossibly silky (I said many times that that's' a miracle when it comes to my coarse hair), frizz free, hydrated and shiny. It does the work of a much, much more expensive product and you know how demanding I am when it comes to hair products. This basically makes my hair feel like I just used a combination of Kérastase Nutritive product and Sebastian Professional Potion 9 - my hair feels a million times better than any hair dressers appointment ever did. Even the scent is similar, but ingredients aren't as good, which I don't care about as long as it does all I expect from it. It's pure love people, pure love.
Boots International, £4.59


*KHADI Ayurverdic Hail Oil Balsam
I'm always on a search for effective anti-dandruff products because though I finally found some that at least give me break for a week, nothing has ever worked long term and I've accepted that after a decade long battle. This caught my attention because it sound very similar to Phytopolleine, which worked a treat on my scalp, but the price is just completely unreasonable. This promises to work similarly, it's a pre-wash treatment, an oil that you apply on the scalp at least 30 minutes before washing the hair and it promises to help fight dandruff, itchiness and dryness - all things I'm suffering from. The bottle looks very high-end and it has a very handy pipette applicator that allows you to get close to the roots, however it leaks a lot and several drops landed where they shouldn't. I used it once so far, applied a generous amount on my scalp for about an hour and then washed it off. It washed off completely and my hair felt more nourished even during washing. It removed about 85% of my dandruff (I don't think I applied enough on the back on my head, but I couldn't reach it well), but the biggest difference was that there was no itchiness. It's day four now and my dandruff sadly reappeared, so I'll use up the bottle (next time I'm using a lot more) and report back in one way or another. It smells funny, herbal, but also like you're trying to cover up self tan scent with a citrus body mist and it's quite strong. It helped with the itch, it definitely moisturised my scalp and it made my hair very silky when I was blow-drying it, but in terms of dandruff control, I need to use it more.


SOAP & GLORY Gorgeous as charged 2-in-1 mirror & phone charger
I just wanted to share this gift with purchase I got when buying Soap & Glory because I was like a kid in a candy shop when I saw it. I already have a power bank that I always carry with me, but this one is so much prettier. This is just beyond awesome and the greatest surprise by S&G. I wasn't that aware of this offer when I was placing an order, I saw it was added automatically in my cart on Boots, but I had no idea what it was. Truly the winner of GWPs in my books.

Have a great day!

You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. CATRICE Neo-Natured Collection looks beautifull <3

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Have you seen the current Victorian one and the next Prêt-à-Lumière? Catrice is killing it lately with their collections :)

      Izbriši
  2. Hallo! Ich leide, wie Du, unter Schuppen, deshalb finde ich es immer sehr interessant, wenn Du Anti-Schuppen Produkte vorstellst. Wie schaffst Du es, trotzdem so viel und wunderschönes Haar zu haben? Mir fallen leider mit den abgelösten Schuppen extrem viele Haare aus und mein Haar wird immer dünner. Hast Du einen Tip? Liebe Grüße, Sarah

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I'm just lucky that my hair isn't falling out, though dandruff can "suffocate" the roots as I heard. There is only one product that I know and it's Slovene, so probably difficult for you to get unless you travel around Balkan and it's Subrina Recept Double Power shampoo, which is against dandruff and hair loss. You might find Alpencin Forte lotion in Germany, that apparently works too. I would suggest you keep you scalp clean, you massage it well as it could help with blood circulation and introduce more zink in your diet.

      Izbriši
    2. Vielen Dank für Deine Antwort. Darf ich noch fragen, wie oft Du Deine Haare wäschst?

      Izbriši
    3. Diese Alpecin Lotion ist kein Shampoo, sondern ein Haarwasser, oder? Viele Grüße und Danke für Deine Tips

      Izbriši
    4. I don't wash it often because my hair is so dry, so once-twice a week.

      Yes Alpencin Forte is a lotion and that's the only thing I tried from them, because we don't have a lot of their things here. I've been using it for years :) They also have a shampoo if you need both, it's called Double Effect.

      Izbriši
  3. Trend It Up blush je klical po tvojem imenu :). Seveda sta meni všeč šminki iz Neo-Natured. Me spominjata malo na te Avon Reds. Me pa ta embalaža ni pritegnila. Nove kolekcije so zdaj bolj luškane. Čakam to z highlighterji. Imam občutek, da jo bom zamudila.
    Orangeasm imam zraven računalnika, tako da si vsake toliko časa malo namažem na dlan, da voham :D. Meni je zelo všeč ta vonj. Me bolj spominja na mešanico pomaranče in grenivke, ali celo bolj rdeče pomaranče. Svež, pa ne preveč citrusen. Tudi sama tekstura je všečna. Očitno moram kaj preizkusit od njih, že zaradi vonja. Moj problem je, da sem bolj cheap pri body care izdelkih. :)
    Ogledalo pa itak zmaga. Izredno priročno, 2 v 1.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Veš da je :) Od Neo-Natured mi je embalaža izjemno všeč, pač taka zanimiva in drugačna. Barvi šmink pa totalno nista zame, obe sta preveč rjavi. Ti dve novi kolekciji, Victorian in pa s highlighterji, sta tudi mene pritegnili. Me mika kaj vzet, samo kar vem kje končajo moje LE.

      Kolikor mi od začetka Orangeasm ni bil kaj všeč, mi je zdaj božanski. Prav poseben vonj, pa tako dobro se obdrži. In tekstura mi je izjemno všeč. Mi je tako škoda da lahko to znamko dobim samo na Boots. Upam, da bo to enkrat pri nas, ker imajo stranko for life :) Sem pa tudi sama cheap pri body care izdelkih, ampak za body butterje in scrube še dam do 15 €, ker se bolj počasi porabljajo, pa itak ma Boots veliko te 3 za 2 akcije. Ogledalo je pa super <3

      Izbriši
  4. Tale kolekcija od Catrice mi je zelo všeč, tudi tale 'naravna' embalaža. Tale swatch na tvoji roki od C02 Soothe of the Soul mi je fantastična! Lepo darilce od Soap and Glory :) Bi res probala tale njihov scrub, ker jih imam res rada. Zdaj sicer uporabljam Collistarjevega Thalasso, in mi je tudi zelo všeč, ker je vlažilen in z oljem in tako lepo diši.
    Nisem preverila, če si že poskusila šampon proti prhljaju od Vichyja - Dercos - za suhe lase. Meni pomaga samo ta, zdaj ga uporabljam samo enkrat na tri tedne.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Soothe of the soul je kar klasična varianta za smokey eyes, razen ta srednji odtenek je bolj zanimiv, ker je zelenkasto-rjav.

      Meni ima Soap & Glory odlične pilinge za telo, Collistar pa vedno spregledam ker je že predraga znamka zame :)

      Sem in to več verzij Vichya. Pomagala mi je le prva flaša več kot 10 let nazaj, vse naslednje pa niso naredile nič.

      Izbriši
    2. Škoda, ker meni je Vichyjev res pomagal. Ma to je tako kot pri podlagah in pudrih, vse je odvisno od kože in telesne ''kemije''. Trial and error :)

      Izbriši
    3. Ja, škoda :/ Možno tudi da je moje lasišče že preveč navajeno na šampone s selenom.

      Izbriši

TRANSLATE