Catrice Eyeconista Lash Millionizer Volume Mascara Waterproof

petek, oktober 04, 2019


In all the years I've been using Catrice products, and there have been plenty, I've never tried any of their waterproof mascaras. I've had their Glam & Doll Flase Lashes Waterproof formula on my wishlist for years, which has great reviews, but I always opted for the cheaper Essence alternative. The waterproof formula of Eyeconista was launched in their latest update, while the regular version was strangely for Catrice released in between their semi-annual line updates. It's very much like a typical Essence mascara (it's Catrice's sister brand after all), meaning it creates big voluminous lashes, but it's got a much smaller brush.


Brush: This has the smallest brush from regular mascaras I've tried. It's about 2/3 the length of an average brush and it works just fine, though there were rare occurrences when I thought it'd be better if it were a bit longer. The plastic comb is somewhat similar to Maybelline's The Sensational, but it's got less of a curve and shorter bristles, so when you start packing on the coats, less capable it's becoming of combing the lashes. It can catch every lash, manages to fan them out nicely, but due to the relatively wet and thick formula for a waterproof mascara, it can stop separating the lashes when there is a lot of formula on, usually it happens at the third coat.


The formula is similar to Essence mascaras, so one of those thick ones that gets you a lot of volume. With one coat this mascara is still pretty tame, but the second gets you big lashes full of volume and length. The formula is wet compared to most other waterproof formulas, which is something I'm not a fan of. As soon as you introduce moisture to the freshly curled lashes, they'll drop, just like curls on hair do. I've been waiting for months for it to dry, but it's not really happening. Due to that it's not a top performer when it comes to holding a curl, but it's still much better than regular formulas on my lashes. Due to that wetness, it also doesn't tame my lashes and keep them fanned out nicely on one eyes, where I often have such problems. I got this at about the same time as Essence Lash Princess False Lash Effect Waterproof, so I compared the two by wearing each on one eye and apart from Lash Princess being slightly drier (it's not like I <3 Extreme, though), they perform the same on me.


I get no smudging at this one, but an occasional flake can appear, though not often. It's such a pain to remove and it needs a good oil makeup remover, as my cleansing oils can't get this one off.


Mascara is sold in drugstores and costs 5.39 €.


I like the overall effect of this one, I think it creates a great amount of volume and the lashes look nice, though it's not that different from Essence Lash Princess Waterproof which is cheaper, but both are not top performers when it comes to holding up the lashes. It's waterproof and lasts forever on the eyes, but I wear such mascaras so my lashes stay curled and this one is too wet for such a formula do to the job as fantastically as I <3 Extreme Waterproof. 

Have a great day!

*PR product.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I want this effect, so I will buy this mascara. It looks nice :) Very nice blog and great photos.

    OdgovoriIzbriši

TRANSLATE