Trend it up Ultra Matte Lipstick 420

nedelja, avgust 09, 2020


I bought this shade at about the same time as the discontinued colour 400 and their Contour & Glide lipliner in the same shade, but though this brand has been around for a while, these are actually my first of their lip products. I have a blush from a few years back, which I love the shade of, but they discontinued it as well - Trend it Up is very much a German drugstore brands, meaning you get those discontinuing frenzies just like at Essence and Catrice.


Formula: As about as average as it can get for a matte lipstick. It's not really matte, instead it's creamy-matte, so it still has some shine and it is more comfortable compared to some proper matte formulas. It's applies smoothly on the lips without skipping and it's pigmented enough, however, not as much as for example Catrice Demi Matt or even Essence This is me lipstick, so it needs an extra layer. It doesn't bleed around the edges of the lips, but it wipes off fast.


Shade: 420 is a medium rosy-brown shade that's quite peachy on me. This might look a lot better on darker skin tones than mine, I think it'll will almost certainly look more pink. Their discontinued shade 400 is prettier to me because while they are very similar when swatched side by side, 400 is pinker and with no peachy tones. 


Shade 400 is a type of colour I wear most in recent years, a light-medium muted natural pink shade that’s like a pinker version of L'Oreal's Colour Riche 06 No Hesitation. Too bad they discontinued this, but you might still find it on those stands on the side. 


Staying power: This is quite poor in this department. It doesn't survive drinking well and there's nothing left after eating, but even when I don't eat, it doesn't got over 3 hours on me, so it's comparable to some Essence formulas. It is a cheap lipsticks, so you get what you pay for. 

Scent: it has a waxy vanilla scent, but it's barely noticeable. 

Packaging: is plastic, but quite well made. Lipstick closes firmly enough. I noticed that the two new shades they added now have a round tip.

Price and availability: These cost 2.29 € here in DM's and they might be cheaper in Germany and Austria, like usual. 

Formula is nothing special, especially since Catrice Demi Matt blows this formula out of the water - even Essence is better and it's about the same price. I like the shade 400, it's was worth picking it up (especially since I got it for 0.99 €), but 420 might go to someone else. I'm still interested in exploring their other formulas if I'll find wearable shades for my skin tone. 


TREND IT UP Contour & Glide Lipliner

I grabbed this in a shade 400 which is discontinued, but this formula is permanent in their range. 


Formula and staying power: lipliner is smooth and creamy so it can be applied all over the lips, yet it's thick and waxy enough to be precise. Unlike the lipstick, you can't just wipe this off, it's sticks to the skin much better and needs a remover, however, for some reason staying power isn't quite as good as I would expect based on that, though better than the lipstick. 


Shade: 400 is a light-medium natural pinky- peachy shade, exactly the type of shade I like most. The rest of the currently permanent line-up didn't appeal to me. It doesn't match the lipstick 400 perfectly because it's a more peachy.


Price: Since it's discontinued it cost 0.99 €, but regular price of these liners is 1.99 €.

Have a great day!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

TRANSLATE