Best of Catrice (August 2020)

nedelja, avgust 23, 2020

 

This is already a post that's not up to date because I took pictures a few days before I learned of the new update, which means products are again being discontinued and will be replaced with new shiny things. From this post, it's the primer and the highlighter palette that are sadly getting the axe, which is a shame because they are great products. Of course I haven't tried all Catrice has to offer in fact, not that much from the current line-up, but it's very hard to keep up with their new launches and I picked these items that I think are most worth it at the moment. 


I believe this a is a bestseller, at least it has to be considering it's the first thing that pops up among the pictures when you google Catrice. I know a lot of people love this, but for me it was a complicated relationship from the start, though as soon as I figured out my skincare I started to appreciate it a lot more and saw why it's so beloved. It's a very thin, watery, lightweight foundation, but it packs the coverage which is what makes it so special. It's got medium-full coverage that due to the thin formula doesn't look heavy on the skin, though I wouldn't call it invisible and that's partly the reason it doesn't make it in my favourites foundations pick (the other is the shade). It's a foundation more suited for oily-combination skin, as finish is powdery matte. The latter is the reason for which I disliked it at first, as it sat very strange around my pores, but this changed when I started using COSRX Galactomyces essence, however, it's still a foundation I don't powder. In the years they've launched this, when a pitiful 4 shades where offered, they've expanded the shade range, though I'm still not certain the lightest shade here, 004, is suitable for me, otherwise I'd get a new bottle in a second. 



Another foundation from the currently lineup I tried is Poreless Perfection Mousse Foundation, which did not impress me due to the thick, very dry matte formula that's impossible to layer, but ok in one coat. You might wonder why there are no concealers. I'm not a big fan of the otherwise very popular Liquid Coverage, as I find it too obvious on the skin and I still haven't found a way for the colour correcting green one to work for me, while their Instant Awake formula is much nicer and I like it, but I resent it only has 1.8 ml for 5 €, while I get 6.8 ml of Maybelline the Eraser for not much more online.


CATRICE Glow & Care Primer

This is being discontinued. This to me is a better, yet not better version of Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Flawless Filter. Confusing I know, but I'll explain. Why is it better? Because it's more hydrating, so it looks better on my skin also due to the much lighter texture and it's never cakey looking like the backstabbing CT occasionally is. Why it's not better? Well because though it has the same level of glow as CT and it looks identical side by side on my face, the shimmer is different. In CT is all equally super fine, invisible, but in Catrice's there are some larger shimmer particles visible under strong light. To some this is a difference worth 32 € and to some it won't be, but they are definitely very similar. CT also has a bit of coverage, while Catrice has only a faint peachy tint that is not even visible on the skin, but even CT to me isn't comparable to a proper foundation, so to me there's no difference here.  I don't know when they plan to start the sale of stuff that's being discontinued, but keep your eyes peeled if you want this in you collection. 



I have two more primers from Catrice that I wouldn't miss in my collection. Ten!Sational 10 in 1 Dream Primer has a tint that is a bit too dark for me, but even so, it neither minimises pores, not illuminates like it promises, so it's overall a very bland product that at least has niacinamide and a (granted, pitiful) SPF15. Prime & Fine Poreless Blur Primer Goodbye Pores doesn't hide the pores that well and can also look flaky on the edges, but mattifies well. 


CATRICE Prime & Fine Multitalent Fixing Spray

This comes only in a small 50 ml bottle and the spray is far from ideal, but I'm impressed with its performance. My highlighter and blush, which tend to disappear fast, look like freshly applied late in the day, as does the rest of the makeup apart from lipstick. It's not outstanding and Urban Decay's spray is better, but this is cheap, easily accessible here and does the job it promises. It can be used before or after applying makeup (I tried it both ways) and it truly prolongs the staying power and keeps things in 
place. 

I don't know how many in a row of these I already used up, I think my count was somewhere around 10 the last time I checked. I used this every day for years, though now I'm currently using up the Essence 24 Ever Ink one, which I use more often, but I pick up this one too, especially when it's a very hot day because it survives better. It's the best liquid eyeliner I've found - super black, matte, long-lasting and has never let me down. One bottle lasts about three or four months before the formula gets too dry to create a super crisp line, though it's still useful long after, but I like how smooth the freshly opened formula is. The applicator is soft, yet firm enough and it actually take a lot of use before it splays even a little. It's not as precise as Essence's, so I got used to it fast. I'm in consistent fear this will be discontinued, but so far it's hanging on. 


CATRICE Eyeconista Lash Millionizer Volume Mascara Waterproof
I love this and I don't, but the reason I don't is unimportant to most of you, so the remaining other part is impressive enough to earn a spot here. This creates one of the most beautiful effects I've seen. The name Lash Millionizer is not far off because this can catch almost ever lash, separates them creating an effect on many lashes and at the same time, the formula is very volumising, so it's not just about definition, but also volume and length. It also manages to fan out the lashes beautifully despite having one of the smallest brushes I've tried. That minus is connected to my obnoxious lashes, which refuse to hold a curl unless I use a good waterproof formula and thought this is waterproof, it's too wet, so it can't hold my lashes up. A regular formula exists well, which is a an brown tube, but I haven't tried that one.


CATRICE Luminice Highlight & Bronze Glow Palette
020 Feel Gold

I was a fan of this from the start and it's damn shame it's being discontinued, but not all is lost as Catrice is consistently launching great highlighters particularly in the limited editions. All three shades in this palette are great, unexpectedly if I'm honest because the first shade looks matte in the palette. The first shade is my favourite because despite its deceiving appearances it gives a good amount of glow and it's the most neutral "iced gold" shade in the palette which suits my neutral skin tone. It's got the finest shimmer I've even encountered and due to that I can use it also all over the face for a subtle luminous glow - this is the shade that I think makes this palette worth the purchase because you don't see many such highlighters. Second shade is the "classic highlighter shade" a gold champagne shade and one with a strong glow that will appeal to highlighter lovers. The last is very pigmented and nice quality too, but it's not suitable for my skin tone, as on me it looks orange toned bronze colour that looks more like an glowy orange blush on me than a bronzer, but I think it probably looks good on deeper skin tones. 

First shade. Check the review for other two. 

CATRICE Blush Box Glow + Multicolour
Though Catrice had better blushes in the past, namely their amazing Illuminating blushes and Defining Blushes, these are nice too as Catrice almost never disappoints when it comes to their blushes. I liked these a bit more than their regular Blush Box formula, as I still feel disappointed they are not as nice as their Defining Blushes were. This formula has such strong pigmentation, almost too much and I have to be careful with it, but I'm super pale, so this means it's likely suitable for deeper tones too. It's described as glowy and when I swatch it in a thick coat it has a healthy satin glow to it with very fine shimmer, but on my cheeks I can't get that and it looks matte, while I have seen it have a glow on other people (I have to use a small amount, that's why). My shade, 020 It's Wine O'Clock, is a medium muted pink-berry, a slight deviation from the regular cutesy pinks, though it has a similar look on the cheeks. There are sadly only two shades in this line, the other is a peachy colour. 


CATRICE Demi Matt Lipstick
This is one of the best lipstick formulas I've tried and it's a shame they don't have 20+ shades of these because this formula deserves a large range of colours. The formula is so smooth, it just glides over dry patches, makes the texture of the lips look much nicer than it really is and has a nice semi-matte look to it. It's lightweight, not drying and it doesn't feel like you have a lipstick on. It's not outstanding in terms of staying power, but also not the worst and the rest of the stuff makes up for it. I wear the shade 100 a lot and it's one of my goes-with-everything-lipsticks. 

Shade 100. 

Their Matt Pro Ink Non-Transfer Liquid Lipsticks don't top my favourite formulas. While they are perfectly matte and not drying, it's the staying power that is just not that impressive. I haven't tried the newest Satin range.

CATRICE Clean ID Lip Oil
This is one of my more recent purchases, but as you can see I've used up a lot. It's not life changing, but I like this for when my lips are dry, because It's thicker than an average lip gloss, yet not sticky. It feels nourishing on the lips and after most is gone, there is a nice layer of it left, however, it doesn't last as long as Revlon's Vinyl lipsticks, but it is quite a lot cheaper, so that's what you get. It adds good level of a glass shine on the lips, but it's sadly available only in a clear version. It's not a replacement for their amazing Dewy-ful Lips Conditioning Lip Butters, but it's another formula for dry lips and spotted some new such products that will be launched soon, which are already on my wishlist. 


There are just some of the things that Catrice is launching. You can see all the new things on Catrice's German website and what's being discontinued too. 

Have a great day!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Luminice paleta je ena mojih najljubših. Jaz sicer obožujem srednji odtenek in sem že pošteno popraskala po dnu :D. Mi je kar malo žal, da jo ukinjajo. Čeprav imaš prav, Catrice ima vedno odlične osvetljevalce. Novi mi pa izgledajo čisto kopija tistih it LE Glow in Bloom. Embalaža je identična. Formula je bila super, tako da ne dvomim, da bodo tudi novi odlični. <3

    Če bom ujela ta sijol primer, ki je dupe za CT, ga bom vzela. Ampak samo zato, ker praviš, da je podoben CT :D. To so zame taki precenjeni izdelki, za kateri nikoli nebi plačala takega denarja. Kaj drugo prej.

    Premalo preizkušam Catrice šminke. Čeprav sodeč po kakšnih iz LE, morajo biti odlične. Mogoče ne morem opravičit nakupa, ker imam toliko Avonovih doma.

    Jaz se tudi veselim novih lip glosov/balmov. Upam, da bodo čim bolj podobni Dewy-Ful lips. Čeprav je večina bleščičastih, jaz bi pa raje kakšnega nude brez bleščic.

    Drugače pa so mi zelo všeč te vrste objav. Upam, da bom jaz tudi imela več časa za kakšne podobne objave o določenih znamkah. <3

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Srednji odtenek je res lep, ampak meni ni tako unikaten kot prvi :) Imam skoraj identičnega tega drugega v LOV Glowrious palette. Upam, da bodo imeli še kdaj takega kot je prvi. Novi se tudi meni zdijo, da bodo kar ti iz Bloom kolekcije, ampak meni je bil šimer v njih malo prevelik. No, razen v zlatem odtenku in upam, da bo tekstura pri vseh takšna kot pri tistem :)

      Če rabiš glowy primer je ta dober :) Bolj lahek od CT in lažji za slojit. CT pa obžalujem nakup in me je odvrnilo od drugih nakupov pri tej znamki. Ga sicer redno uporabljam, ker bi bilo škoda da bi tako draga stvar samo ležala v predalu, ampak včasih s kakšnim pudrom izgleda res grdo. Sem tudi pričakovala pore minimizing učinek, kar pa ne naredi. V bistvu je basic glowy primer in so cenejši dupi pri verjetno vsaki znamki.

      Jaz sem zmetala stran večino šmink in imam zdaj prostor :). Moje so bile res stare, ker nekaj let nisem kupovala veliko. Zdaj spet malo polnim moj predal :) Me zanimajo Satin od Catrice, sploh ker bodo zdaj nove nude.

      Res upam, da bodo novi balmi samo prepakirani Dewy-ful. Bi se tudi raje izognila bleščicam, ker končajo povsod, ampak bo treba v živo videt kakšni so.

      Imam pripravljenih kar nekaj :). Sem se zagnala en teden poslikat za vse te tematske objave in bodo objavljene v naslednjih tednih. Je treba naredit updejt, ker par let nisem takih stvari objavljala in me živcira kot linkam nazaj :D.

      Izbriši

TRANSLATE