August Favourites & Wishlist

nedelja, avgust 30, 2020


MAYBELLINE SuperStay Ink Crayon  
15 Lead the Way
I first bought this in the shade 25 Stay Exceptional, which I like, but I always felt it's too dark, as I currently prefer very natural looking shades, so I finally ordered this online (we don't have this shade in our drugstores). It's a better fit. It's similar to Essence's lipliner in 08 Big Proposal, meaning is type of my-lips-but-better shade for my pale skin tone, it's just a bit more peachy, but the same depth. Formula is smooth and matte, but what I like about these is that it's precise, yet big enough so it's like a lipliner and lipstick in one and I can use it to shape the lips. 

This is one of my less sung about heroes. I keep saying Look by Bipa is my favourite high coverage concealer, but I use this one a lot more and though it doesn't have as much coverage as Look, I like it more, so I recently repurchased it as soon as mine ran out. It's a concealer I can use under the eyes and on spots because it's not as matte as Look, Collection, Catrice, L'Oreal Infallible, Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer or Revlon Colorstay, so it blends into the skin better, at least now that my skin is drier than before. Shade fits me too, but I'm one of the lucky ones because this exists in just two, both very light. 


SECHE VITE Dry Fast Top Coat
Another unsung hero and this one deserves the shout out because I recently tried another new top coat and as usually nothing comes close to this. I don't have patience when it comes to painting my nails. I do it once every one or two weeks and I want it done as fast as I can and get back to work. This is the only one I found that dries within a minute or two. I had a backup bottle, but now that I've opened it, I've come to a scary realisation it's become extremely hard to get. There's a few on eBay with high shipping, while the rest don't ship here anymore. Luckily one bottle lasts me years, but I hope that by the time this runs out (it thickens fast, but I have restorative drops), this will be more easily available or I find a decent replacement (recs?). 


BALEA Milder Reinigungs Schaum
My bottle is now almost at an end and I'm very pleased with this mousse. I kind of don't want to open my backup of Balea Waschgel now because this suits me more. It's better for my dry skin more and I've actually grown fond of the foam despite never being a fan of such textures. It's cheap as chips and does the job, however, I see that I'll use it up faster than the gel, though it's not that big of a deal at this price. 

Another skin care update from the stuff I got in local drugstores. I've been using this without fail every morning since I got it and my skin likes it. It doesn't have such a fast brightening effect as my favourite vitamin C Eucerin 10% (that one worked in 2-3 weeks), but this has vitamin C in a less powerful form 3-O-Ethyl Ascorbic Acid, so I get my dose without the terrible Ascorbic Acid smell and my skin is looking pretty good. This also has hyaluronic acid high on the list, which doesn't break me out, so that's an extra plus. I said originally I don't notice any radiance from this, but now I do. This gives my skin such a pretty, subtle glow with no visible shimmer, however, it's visible in only some lights. I have about a 1/6 left and I will repurchase it when it runs out. 


(concentrate against pigmentation marks)
An the last skin care update after my bottle is almost empty. I've been avoiding putting this in my favourites until I use it up, but I was a fan from the start. It has niacinamide high on the list, as well as a small amount of a version of vitamin C (ascorbyl  tetraisopalmitate) and pinolumin which reduces redness, calms down the skin and fades age spots. It doesn't have miraculous results, at least I didn't see any effect on my freckles (I have no other pigmentation marks), though my old blemish marks faded faster than usual and my skin was behaving really well with this. I had no spots, skin is in good condition in terms of texture and everything else. The texture is like a medium thick cream, so a type of product I use as one of the last, but mostly as the actual last step in my routine. It sucks this only exists in 20 ml, since to me this is regular face cream, but I will repurchase this. 


MACADAMIA NATURAL OIL Healing Oil Spray
I've sung my praises to La Croa Protect & Shine spray which is one of the most amazing hair products I've tried and I got back up of the stuff, but then I also decided to order this, hoping it's the same, so I have even more of such oils-in-spray and this one actually comes in a 125 ml bottle, which is a very good thing, considering how much oils I use. First of, which is also the reason I haven't repurchased the "regular oil" from this line, I still hate the smell. It's like a man's cologne and it lingers (I should add most people say they like the scent, including every one I've given this to smell). But putting that aside, it the same thing as La Croa, a silicone-oil spray that adds more slip than traditional liquid oils, which I really need, since my hair get tangled very fast This is more widely available to international readers, since La Croa is for now only in Műller Slovenia and Croatia, and they don't have an online shop, so you can get a similar thing online.


THE BODY SHOP Shea Butter Richly Replenishing Hair Mask
This was on my wishlist for quite a while because it has shea butter right after water on the ingredients list and my hair likes shea butter if I base my findings on how much Cantu suits me. It has no silicones which concerned me that it will leave my hair tangled, but by some miracle the opposite happened. This is so far the only silicone free mask that left my hair feeling silky and smooth. It's also nourishing enough, though sadly not as Cantu, but it's still really good. Formula is thick, like a body butter and it smells similar to the body butter, but even nicer with an extra more perfume-y note. Cantu is more nourishing, but I still rate this one high.

LA CROA Repair Hair Mask
This is the thickest hair mask formula I've tried so far and of course I like it. It's got the same texture as Joico's Moisture Recovery Balm, but with better results. It's not easy to apply this due to the thick formula, but I still managed to spread only one 25 ml bag sufficiently all over the hair. I left it on for an hour and when I was washing it off my hair had a lot of slip, which I always like at a mask. It started to dry a lot less frizzy and straight than usual, but after it was almost dry, the frizz started popping up, so I fixed it by adding their oil and spray. I managed to get an almost straight, sleek blow-out and it been a while since I managed to achieve that, so I was pretty happy with this and the effect is lasted several days. Having said that, while I think this is one great purchase for very dry, thick hair, I suspect that it might be much too heavy for thin, dry hair, but I'm just speculating. They have conditioners anyway, which are likely much lighter. I'd love to have a full size of this formula, but so far I'll have to buy the tester sizes in my local Müller.

CATRICE Glow & Care Primer and Luminice Highlight & Bronze Palette
I'm putting these here because they're about to be discontinued and I'm fan a fan of these for when I want a glowy look. Primer is similar to Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Flawless Filter, though not all the shimmer is as fine, but on my skin they look very similar side-by-side. I actually like Catrice's more because the formula is lighter and layers better. It's a shame Luminice is leaving the stands. It got a shade that's one of the best and natural-looking illuminating powders and has the effect I wanted Hourglass Ambient Powder to have (there is a dupe for this shade though, in The Body Shop Coconut Bronze Glistening Glow Powder). The bronzer isn't the best colour, but the middle shade is a strong, glowy champagne that's great for when you want a stronger shine. 


WISHLIST


 CATRICE UPDATE Fall/Winter 2020 - I'm liking this new update a lot. There are a lot of interesting things, though I'll have to see the products in person. Things I'm most interested in:
- Powerfull 5 Liquid Lip Balm. I'm hoping these are either repackaged Dewy-ful glosses or very similar.  
- Pore Minimizing Serum. A serum with 10% niacinamide in my local drugstore!? I'm definitely picking this up, especially since The Inkey List is sold out everywhere. 
- Full Satin Nude Lipstick. I think these are the same formula as their Satins in the black tube, which I haven't tried yet. I'll get this only if there's a nice nude shade for me, so something that's not too dark, brown or too peachy. 020 looks decent on these swatches, but the skintone is darker than mine. 
And the rest, I'll consider if I need them
- Curl Perfector Mascara Waterproof and Go Big. Go Bold. 24h Waterproof Extreme Volume Mascara. I'm hoping these hold a curl unlike their Millionizer. Curl Perfector is much higher on the list.
- Plumping Lip Liner. Strange name for a liner. Whether I'll get it depends on the shades.
- Shake Fix Glow Spray. I have enough face mists, but it says glow. If I hear from someone it's the same as the one from Sungasm collection, then I don't need it, but if it gives more glow than my other mists and it's not glittery, then yes. 
- Super Easy Magnetics Eyeliner & Lashes 010. They're discontinuing their existing version of magnetic lashes are replacing them with two others. These actually look nicer than before, but I've never tried magnetic lashes.
- True Skin Hydrating Foundation. There's several shades of this launching, but I saw on Slovene website there are only 4. I'm getting this only if it's very pale.
- 5 In A Box Mini Eyeshadow Palette and Clean ID Mineral Eyeshadow Palette. Some palettes have such a nice selection of shades, but I need to see them in person and swatch too because Essence quality didn't impress me in the last update or latest LEs

REVLON Colorstay Overtime Unlimited Mulberry - I have this is shade Always Sienna, which is too brown and dark for my liking, but this formula is so good, as it's one of the most long lasting lip products I've tried. I want this more wearable shade.

YVES SAINT LAURENT Touche Éclat Radiant Touch, MAX FACTOR Mastertouch All Day Concealer Pen and MAX FACTOR Radiant Lift Hydrating and Brightening Concealer - I'm in need of a brightening concealer, since I got some shadows under my eyes I haven't had in a while and Artdeco pen Illuminator is actually highest on my list, but Max Factor's are cheaper, especially online. The Radiant Lift mentions the illuminating particles, but I'm unsure about the Mastertouch. I need to see these in the shop when I have time. I've been looking for more dupes for Touche Éclat, actually I had one from L'Oreal called Magic Lumi which worked so well, but I can't find it anymore and the new one in the silver packaging doesn't have impressive reviews. So while looking for dupes, there were a ton of reviews that said there only one Touche Eclat, so it's on my wishlist now, thought at that price there's no way I'll ever get it. Maybe if I get a decent discount. 

Have a great day!

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Za Baleino peno sem že slišala nekaj pohval, ampak meni so ljubši geli kot pene. Mogoče bo za zimo, ko je včasih moja koža bolj dehidrirana.

    Res mi je škoda, da ukinjajo Luminice paleto. Jaz jo vsakomu priporočam, ker vedno vsi vprašajo kaj imam za osvetljevalca. Pa na sploh je res dobra formula. Meni so palete načeloma bolj všeč, ker imam več opcij v eni.

    Še ena fanica novega Catrice updata. Kar veliko izdelkov me zanima. Sicer mislim da drugi kot tebe :). Mene ta 5 in 1 paleta tako grozno spomni na Natasho Denono mini palete, da mi je kar smešno :D. So pa odtenki super in take mini palete so odlične, ker po navadi itak ne rabiš vseh odtenkov v eni gromozanski paleti.

    Za catrice Lip Balm pa upam na isto kot ti, da so to samo prepakirani Dewy-ful. Sicer imam na srečo še nekaj zaloge :D.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Meni so bili vedno geli bolj všeč in so mi še vedno, ampak ta pena mi vseeno bolj ustreza.

      Danes sem pogledala na stojalo in pri Luminice sploh ni rumenega popusta? Weird. Zdaj pa ne vem ali gre iz prodaje ali ne, ampak na spletni zihr piše, da jo ukinjajo.

      Ja, res so kot kopije Natashinih paletk :D. Sem že videla slike ene in izgleda ok pigmentirana. Bo treba v živo videt.

      Izbriši
    2. Pri nas tudi ni rumenega napisa pri Luminice in je meni tudi bilo čudno, ampak ok sem mislila, da so se pač zmešali. Zdaj pa praviš, da pri vas tudi. Čudno. Ja, ker na spletu res piše, da gre iz prodaje.

      Izbriši
  2. I'm a little late to the party but I saw that you were looking for recommendations for a new nail polish dryer - have you ever tried Sally Hansen's? It's been my go-to for years: it gets the job done in about a minute and it should be easily available in Slovenia too! :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I haven't yet, but it's been on my list to try for years. I can't find it anywhere. We have Sally Hansen in drugstores, at least it's in the catalogues, but I just can't seem to find this brand in my local DM or Müller. I've heard great things about it, thank you for reminding me. I'll check some online shops if they have it :)

      Izbriši

TRANSLATE