Revlon Colorstay Full Cover Foundation

sobota, april 17, 2021


A new foundation by Revlon, or at least new here. I think I got all the shades we have in our drugstores, which is a total of 12 colours (16 exists). Revlon promises full coverage, a matte finish, light-weight feel, 24h staying power and that's it's heat & sweat-resistant. I am not a big fan of the original Colorstay, I was in the past and I still consider it a very similar formula to Nars Sheer Glow on my skin, but by now the normal-dry formula is too dry for my skin, so honestly, I was fully prepared for the possibility I'll hate this, but surprisingly it's ok. 


Texture: This has one those mousse type of textures, which is deceptively thick when you squeeze it out of the tube, but then it feels light on the skin due to the whipped, silicone texture. I've had several such formulas before and all tend to be very dry and can look flaky on me. However, this one is not as dry and I've never had a single flake emphasized by this even without a rich base. It blends well with all methods I've tried, but I mostly use those sponges you get in cushion foundations.


Coverage and finish: It promises a full coverage and it definitely is there, though in the amount I apply it I get medium-full coverage. I've seen a lot of IG videos with girls trying this foundation and I saw they all apply double the amount as me (I just don't like to use a lot and it's a waste) and they got full coverage even on strong redness (Tina has a great picture with half-half). Finish is very matte, in fact way too much for me, so my skin starts to feel tight and I need to use a rich base to wear this. I would say this likely suits oily skin best, but with a rich cream under it, it's fine all day on my dry skin. Due to my dry skin, this is an obvious foundation and despite the mousse texture, I don't notice any smoothing or blurring, though it doesn't additionally emphasize the texture.

Staying power: This is one of the most long lasting formulas. It lasts at least 16h on the skin, which is not surprising given my excellent experience with Candid concealer (my big love) and Colorstay foundation normal/dry skin, but also my skin is dry and this is a matte formula with a lot of coverage, so such formulas tend to last on me.


Shades: I got all 12 shades were have here in Slovenia, there are extra 4 in the US, so 16 in total. I'm not loving the shade range and that is because 110 is not the same as the one in Colorstay liquid version. In Full Cover it's considerably darker and it also oxidises, so the colour match looks so obviously poor on me and sadly that's the lightest shade. Other girls were testing various shades and some oxidise more (175) and some less, so if you're picking which one to get, go for the lighter one. It's a type of a foundation you need to find an as close match as you can or it will look off due to such a high level of coverage. The medium skin tones are well taken care off here, there is plenty of choice with various undertones, but the 200 group looked quite close when I swatched it on my arm, while the 100 look different in depth and strength of undertones (175 is very yellow, similar to Milani Conceal + Perfect 01). It could be done better. 

Packaging: A simple tube with a regular opening, so no nozzle, which fits this type of thick formula. 

Price and availability: It's sold on Click2Chic.si and in drugstores. Here the price is 12,19 €. 


This is a foundation that got a great feedback from bloggers/IG users and it also has a great scores on makeup websites/shops. For my skin type this is too dry, however, it is the best of these type of mousse formulas I've tried, as it's not flaky on me. Coverage is very high, finish very matte and it has a fantastic staying power, so for oily skin this might be the one. 

Have a great day!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Sem se zelo veselila te podlage, ker slišim same pohvale, ampak sem bila takoj razočarana z izbiro odtenkov. V drogeriji sem jih preizkusila in praktično ni odtenka zame. 110 je svetel, ampak na meni deluje precej hladno. 150 me je najbolj razočaral, ker je pri Colorstayju to edini perfekten nevtralno oliven odtenek. Ta je definitivno temnejši. Se mi zdi, da je preskok med 110 in 150 absolutno prevelik in ni neke variacije podtonov. Tukaj me je Revlon razočaral. Seveda spet pri nas, ne vem če imajo drugje več svetlih odtenkov. Škoda.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Se popolnoma strinjam. Žal so to skoraj vsi odtenki, pri nas so izpustili samo 4 temne in tale izbor je slab za tiste s svetlo kožo. Imajo polno medium odtenkov in nekateri so si celo preveč podobni, ampak pri svetlih so pa prevelike razlike v globini in podtonih. Na meni 110 izgleda čisto pretemen, pa mi je Colorstay navaden 110 super. Res upam, da to enkrat popravijo, ker se mi zdi boljša formula od originalne tekoče.

      Izbriši

TRANSLATE