April Favourites, updates and wishlist

petek, april 30, 2021


COLOURPOP Pressed Powder Palette
That's Taupe
I won't say that this is the best palette ever. In fact, now that I've tried Colourpop palettes, I don't get what the fuss is about because I've tried better ones (Artdeco single eyeshadows system, Revlon Look Books, Revolution Pro Supreme,…), however, I like this shade range, in particular the matte colours. I made an Artdeco palette, which I use all the time, but I was missing matte taupes and this fills the gap. The shimmer shades in this palette are not as good as I hoped. Slated and Cold Blooded are weak and end up similarly translucent shimmery on the lids and only Constrictor is a richly pigmented, well performing shimmer. But mattes are wonderful. So pigmented and creamy, though I will complain about them not being as easy to blend. I mostly just wear Rock Steady or Python on their own for a simple defined makeup, but I use the combo shimmer shade on the lids  + mattes in the corner too.


I tend to rotate my stash so stuff doesn't get forgotten and this month after I used this on a random day, I just stuck to it for the rest of the month. Out of all the liquid highlighters, this one looks best on the skin. The shimmer is so fine and not overly glowy, so this in still believable as a natural, healthy glow and I just really like that. It's easy to blend, I only need a small amount and the shade fits my pale skin.

This isn't one of my favourite products ever, but I needed to include it here because it's the best of its kind. Over the years I've developed a dislike for pH lip products because they always end up uneven on me, but this formula is the first that doesn't. The texture of this is so nice, it's so comfortably balmy and nourishing that I consider it as a great lip balm and since it's so moisturising, the tint is even on the lips. The balm is tinted pink with a glossy look, so you get colour instantly, but as it wears off the lips stay pink. It smells like watermelon candy.


I was almost ready to get the 10 € ANNY pastel lavender nail polish, since there was nothing cheaper in our drugstores and then this came out. I was initially concerned because if you turn the bottle, a sort of blue duochrome shimmer is visible, but on the nails this is a plain pastel and a super pretty one at that. This formula is supposed to make the nail stronger, but mine are already fine, so I can't tell you if it works. This shade needed 2 coats for a nice even finish and it wasn't too annoying to apply.


AFRODITA COSMETICS Young & Pure 3 v 1 Cleansing Gel + Peeling + Mask
I found this by checking the ingredients on DM, like I often do and this list caught my attention:  
Aqua, Niacinamide, Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil, Glycerin, Salicylic Acid, Acrylates / C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Sodium Hydroxide, Jojoba Esters, Parfum, CI 77007
Usually 3-in-1 masks for unclear skin are basically just thin clays masks, but this is something different, focusing on niacinamide and salicylic acid to fix the spots. It doesn't have any soap, which actually makes it more or less just a mask, but I use it as a second cleanser too or on days when I’m not wearing makeup/SPF, it just doesn't clean as well as a regular soapy cleanser. It’s a thick clear gel with blue beads and though it's for normal to oily skin, this isn't at all drying. It's not a scrub, since it only has sparse, round beads that do nothing, but that's a very good thing, because rough particles would ruin it. As a mask, leave it on for the recommended 10 minutes or under a shower for less and I like how my skin is behaving this this one. I bought this when I was trying to heal a painful blemish on my chin and it subsided quicker than usual, without having to use COSRX patches, but I also used TO Lactic acid 10%. As a stand-alone cleanser it leaves a light layer of product, but given the ingredients I'm not bothered. I'm kind of amazed that in my local drugstores/supermarkets I can get a mask with niacinamide and salicylic acid acid so high on the list and with relatively simple ingredients.

I included this here because it's so versatile and I've been using it for face, lips, body, fading marks from scrapes and on my hair. It's solid balm that melts into an oil and due to that I started using it on my dry hair ends every morning. I can't imagine anyone with normal-thin hair doing this, but on my thick, dry hair I like it. It's just a great product to have. Their original pot formula is I believe similar and cheaper, I just have this one because it's all they had on Notino, beside, I actually like that is has hydrolysed collagen and elastin, so ingredients-wise it's better.


I've tested a fair amount of drugstore conditioners/masks/treatments over the winter and none truly came close to this. I've finally came back to this after what has been too long and after just one use my hair feels a lot more normal. I don't know why I keep trying so much drugstore stuff, it's my perpetual hunt for something amazing that will fix my hair or at least find a backup for the good stuff if it happens I can't get them anymore. It's such a stark diference from the conditioner I used the week before, my hair is softer, a lot more hydrated and especially my ends don't feel like an old broom. I was using the leave-in pot version together with those mask I was trying, but it's just not as good as this.


I'm not featuring this here for the scent alone, though it is a nice one, a well done powdery floral some might be shocked to discover it's from Avon, but this gets its place here because of it's convenient format. I have this in my bag, since it's so travel friendly and I end up using it a lot because I remember in the car that I forgot to use a fragrance. I'm particularly happy this has a spray and it's not a roll on. I would love to have more of these, since I'm so flip-floppy with my scent, constantly changing them and Avon has a nice selection of these.

UPDATES


I've been using these pretty much every day since I got them and I just don't get why I reach for them because later in the day when I see myself in the mirror, I'm just consistently disappointed about the staying power. Especially the eyeliner just fades and cracks, sometimes even transfers. I reach for them because they are those tubing formulas, so easy to wash off with water, but the more I use them, the more problems I encounter. Sometimes mascara doesn't come off completely and I need to use a micellar water, but mostly I get flakes in my eyes, which is sometimes irritating. These are just not very good, but I don’t want to throw them away, since it's a waste and they are both opened, so only good for a few months, but my Oriflame Giordani Gold Volumising Fortemente mascara and Catrice regular liquid liner are sooo much better, even if I have to go through a more thorough removal.


ORIFLAME Giordani Gold Essenza Blossom
Notes: Pear, Jasmine Sambac
Heart: Camellia Celebratissima Accord, Orange Blossom Essenza, Ylang Tahiti
Base: Vanilla, Ambrox, Musk
I have the Essenza Sensuale version, which is a fantastic scent and this is another high quality fragrance. I prefer Essenza Sensuale, since this has jasmine and on occasions that causes me headaches, but I can't deny this is such a well done, rich floral fragrance that to me smells like luxury. I mostly smell orange blossom and jasmine, so it's kind of in the same scent group as Elie Saab Le Parfum, but to me it's most similar to the discontinued L'Occitane Fleur d'Or Accacia. It's quite strong and it lasts well on the skin, just like Essenza, so this is truly a well done scent.

WISHLIST


IT'S SKIN  Power 10 Formula Propolis - this brand, well these 10 Serums recently started being sold in DM, which is a pleasant surprise, though the prices are high, still not that much higher than ordering online together with shipping costs. My skin loves propolis and I'll get this when I get to DM - I've trying for two weeks now.

GARNIER Ambre Solaire Anti-age Super UV Face Protection Cream SPF50 - I'm a fan of the fluid from Garnier and this year they added two more sunscreens. This has niacinamide high on the list and I might get both the fluid and this. I'll definitely repurchase the fluid, but we'll see about this one. Based on reviews this is heavier. 

ESSENCE I love extreme crazy volume mascara waterproof - A new waterproof mascara from Essence and given that I'm a fan of the blue one, I want to try this one too. I had the original for 5 minutes before I gave it to my mom (dropped my lashes in a second, so not for me), but I remember it as very volumising.

NEUTROGENA Glow Boost Revitalisierende Tagespflege - I've been tempted by this since I first saw it in Müller. It has mandelic acid high on the list (3rd), as well as neoglucosamine  Acetyl Glucosamine, 5th) and PHA (Gluconolactone, 4th), so a potentially interesting mildly exfoliating anti-age formula. 

CATRICE Youth Boost Serum  - this has bakuchiol in an unknown percentage and I want to give it a try, in case I like it more than the Revolution one I've been using for a few months (I feel like my skin lost its softness since I started using it). Unfortunately, it was out of stock when I was in Müller.

EUCERIN Anti-age Hyaluron Filler Elasticity Age Spot Correcting Hand Cream SPF 30 - this caught my eye because it has an SPF 30, which is very hard to find among hand creams here. But it also has thiamidol which is supposed to erase age spots.

OLAPLEX n.8 Bond Intense Moisture mask - a new product. I have most of Olaplex stuff, missing just the shampoo and obviously I want to try this mask, since it promises moisture. I'm hoping it's good for dry hair. 

L'OREAL Elvive Colorvive Colour Protect Purple Anti-Brassiness Hair Oil - A purple oil for blondes. My roots are always more brassy than my lengths and it's hard to control toning while shampooing or using a mask, so this could be a solution (I know Balea has a purple leave-in spray, but I hear it's not that good). I have the shampoo and mask, which are both very pigmented and work on darker shades of blonde. I hope we get this here, it's already in the UK, Germany and Austria.
 
PALMER'S  Cocoa Butter Formula Restoring Conditioner and Moisture Rich Shampoo - I love the oil from this line and I'm hoping these two are good for very dry hair. Plus I hear they smell just like the oil, minty chocolate. 

POSTS YOU MAY HAVE MISSED IN APRIL


New in #107: Catrice Spring/Summer 2021 | Oriflame The One Unlimited Ultra Fix Lipstick

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Mislim, da so Colourpop palete tako popularne, ker so dokaj ugodne in imaš na voljo res veliko barvnih kombinacij prav tako pa sam dizajn, ki je pač eye-appealing. Meni so njihove enojne senčke odlične. Jih imam raje kot palete, ker imam pač rada sesatvljeno svojo paleto. So pa ene šimraste res neverjetno pigmentirane. Čeprav npr. Zoeva ima tudi zelo dobre formule, po prav tako ugodni ceni. Mi je všeč tvoja paleta, dejansko me pritegne. Mogoče ker sem včasih naveličana gledanja vseh teh toplih odtenkov in ta prav izstopa.

    Afrodita 3 v 1 se sliši super. Si moram zapomnit take redke dragulje iz naših drogerij za takrat ko bom rabila kaj takega. :)

    Avonovi mini parfumi so res super za v torbice. Jaz jih tudi nosim s sabo. Imajo zadnje čase celo veliko večjo izbiro teh minijev kot so jih imeli včasih. Nazadnje sem vzela Attraction Desire, ki je zdaj moj nov favorit. :)

    Se spomnim, da je Lisa Eldridge dolgo nazaj hvalila It's Skin serume. Jaz imam še nekaj testerjev, ki sem jih enkrat dobila in jih ravno preizkušam, ker sem jih tudi videla v DMu. Mogoče bo kakšen presenetil. Vsekakor lepo, da imamo vedno več Azijske kozmetike tudi pri nas.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Cool toned paleta pri Colourpop res izstopa. Mi pa kvaliteta teh senčil in Super shock ni nič posebnega glede na hype. So sicer dobre, niso pa presežek.

      Ja, tale Afrodita gel je pa res prijetno presenečenje. Sem opazila, da je pena Young & Pure tudi sestavinsko zanimiva. Bom morda vzela ko mi zmanjka Balee.

      Mi je res všeč ta mini, ozek format parfumov s sprejem. Pašejo lepo v žepe in imam lahko parfum vedno sabo. Sem videla, da je izbira zdaj že kar bogata. Škoda edino, da nimajo na Notino, bi bilo lažje kupit. Jim imam na seznamu nekaj, sploh tistega Iris, ki je tebi všeč.

      Sploh ne gledam več YouTube. Ko sem še pred leti gledala so bili ti It's skin poceni pri K Beauty prodajalcih, zdaj je šla pa cena tako gor. Upam, da je Propolis verzija tako dobra kot Lee Ji Ham serum, ker nočem toliko denarja vrečt stran. Upam, da DM dobi čim več K- Beauty kozmetike.

      Izbriši

TRANSLATE