Empties #39

nedelja, april 11, 2021


One of my favourite lip colours. I used to have (well, still do) several shades of these, but by now they are all very old, so I don't use them, but this one I had to repurchase. It's one of the first matte liquid lipsticks I've tried and it's sheerer than formulas that started appearing on the market later. It has a mousse type of texture that takes a while to fully set to a matte finish and it doesn't apply fully opaque in the first coat, but it ends ups a lot more natural looking than opaque liquid formulas. Nude-ist is a medium muted warm pink.
Repurchase: Done

MAX FACTOR Colour Intensifying Balm 
30 Redefined Rose
I think this is discontinued because I can't find it on the website, so there's no point in talking about it much. I had this in my bag as a backup lip colour for many years and it was a nice lipstick/lip balm hybrid in a pretty rosy shade. Mine is too old now to use, so it was replaced in my bag by Catrice Plumping Lip Liner 020 What a Doll.
Repurchase: it's discontinued, but MF has some other great balmy lip products. 

LIP SMACKER Lip Balm
Berry Slush
Lip Smackers are one of few lip balms I like, I'm just not always in the mood for their sweet scents, which are all inspired by drinks (Coca Cola, Fanta, Sprite,…), fruit, desserts and candy. It's more stuff for kids and those young at heart. This was also in my bag for far too long and is expired, so it's being replaced by Bee Natural lip balm. I think this precise version isn't sold anymore, though we have Elsa in DM. 
Repurchase: I have my eye on the new panda version in DM. 

My favourite lip balm, I've talked a lot about it recently. It may look dumb because of its size and resemblance to a glue stick, but that's because it's not a lip balm, but an emergency balm for dry areas. I've been using it for years.
Repurchase: Done.


My favourite cleansing oil, this is a bag from a refill. These refills don't actually have enough to fill the whole bottle, which is very odd. I think it was only 3/4 or 4/5 full. Anyway, it's a great cleansing oil that emulsifies, cleans well, doesn't make my vision foggy and washes off completely. There also no scent, which is a nice extra. 
Repurchase: Done.

Another oil I loved and it's very similar to Hada Labo, however, this one needs to be used up quickly. I had three oils opened and this one was on the shelf for a few months (it was less than a year old for sure) because I had to use up those older ones and it changed a lot. It started to irritate my eyes, not in a sense that they were burning, but I was tearing up for a while after cleansing and the scents became even more rancid. Usually oils don't go bad as fast, but Biobaza, my trusted cheapest oil that doesn't break me out and was available in our drugstore, has been discontinued, so this is now the only oil for that I can still get for cheap (when it has a discount) that I can get within a few days. HL needs to be ordered from Japan. 
Repurchase: Yes, it the only decent one left that I can get quickly.

BALEA Erfrischendes Wasch Gel
My cleansing gel for many years, but I've since switched to the Balea's pink foam and I also use Mixa's Baby Cleansing oil (which is a gel despite the name) and Babylove Kopf bis Fuss gel. All three are more suited for my dry skin long term, but Balea's gel is still a wonderful product in our drugstores - cheap, effective and non-irritating.   
Repurchase: If my skin changes and isn't as dry anymore.


I'm finally throwing this away. It was so useless on my skin when it came to the exfoliating effect. It never stung my skin despite the strength, but it also never left me with an effect that everyone is describing, so no feeling of fresh, renewed skin, no glow, no smoothness or softness. It didn't even help my blemish marks to fade faster, which was the original reason I got this. Just nothing. But my skin is just like that will acids, nothing really happens. The only reason I still kept this one was the BHA because the salicylic was helping when I had spots. 
Repurchase: I don't know. I got their 7% glycolic toner, which we had a bad start with and 10% lactic acid which is finally something potentially promising, but not outstanding. 

L'OREAL Pure Clay Exfo Mask
I had four of these and they lasted me forever because I'm terrible when it comes to these occasional treatments and I just do my regular routine by default. I think this version is discontinued and it was my favourites, but their Glow version is still available. These are still my second favourite, but they were beaten my Glam Glow Supermud, which combines a clay mask with AHAs. 
Repurchase: I still have one Glow version, then we'll see. 

This is nothing special, but the fact it's so light and has nice ingredients make me want to use this every day. It's mostly a moisturising toner with a small amount of retinol, peptides and vitamin C. It's a light, simple product that I can easily include in any combination of skin care routine.  
Repurchase: Done.

CERAVE Moisturising Cream 
I only had a sample of this, but a generous one that lasted me a fair amount of uses. This is a super thick, rich moisturiser that sits on the skin for a long time before it absorbs. As rich as it is and with amazing ingredients, when my skin was super, super dry, this didn't help. What did was Mixa's Cica cream, which basically performed a miracle. For the body it's a nice one because I like such thick creams, but for the face I prefer their PM version that I got a sample of too. 
Purchase: Maybe to use only on the body. 


BABYLOVE Ultra Sensitive Kopf bis Fuss Waschbalsam
I used this every day as hand soap and occasionally as a face cleanser. It's a simple, very gentle creamy formula that didn't leave my hands dry despite many washings in a day. The pump is kind of terrible because it spritzes too far, especially when it clogs just a tiny bit.  
Repurchase: I got the scented version, which is a thicker gel. 

AFRODITA Lavender Relaxing Moments Oil Shower Gel
This has such a wonderful lavender scent, I really enjoy it. Formula is nothing special, but this is worth it for the scent alone, even if it lasts only a few seconds. 
Repurchase: Yes.

BEBE Pfirsichfrisch Fructige Cremedusche
It's a good peach scent from the start, but has a cheap soapy note at the end. Nivea's apricot is nicer, though after using the whole bottle I've determined this is ok too. Formula is thin and nothing special.
Repurchase: Probably not.


DRESDNER ESSENZ Wärme und frestlichkeit Dusche
Too expensive for what it was. Just a regular shower gel and it didn't even smell that Christmasy. It smelled more like oranges than spices.
Repurchase: No.

BALEA Crèmedusche Magic Wonderland
A basic shower gel with a floral scent, I think it's a mix of rose or peony with some citrus. I'm not sure if this is still sold, but I buy Balea shower gels often.
Repurchase: No.

BALEA Rasiergel Exotic Coco
My standard shower gel. I've been buying these for over a decade and have tried many of the LE versions. I wasn't a big fan of this coconut, it was too synthetic.
Repurchase: Yes.


BATH & BODY WORKS Ultra Shea Body Cream
Twilight Woods
The fragrance mist is one of my favourite scents ever, but this was a different one, a lot more fruity and not that woody. However, if it got on clothes, those smelled like the mist. Texture is great, this is a nice, rich and thick moisturizer that's made for dry skin. 
Repurchase: I'm a bit disappointed by the scent because it's not the same, though still very nice. I'll probably get a different version.

L'OCCITANE Peony Hand Cream
L'Occitane has some of the best hands creams in their Shea line, but these that are from fragrance lines are more often than not thin formula that aren't that special. They smell great and strong, but I'll always stick to the 20% versions. I had this mini for a long time in my bag and it expired. It had a great floral scent, the same as the rest of the line. 
Repurchase: Not this version.

BALEA Pflegecreme Let's Be Magical and Fühl dich gedrűck
These are a much lighter version of Nivea cream in pan. They absorb so quickly that for a while I used these as hand creams. I've has many versions since these first launched quite a few years ago and these two had a fresh rosy scent (Let's be Magical) and a vanilla cookie scent. The main bad thing about these is that they need to be used up fast, otherwise they turn glassy-yellow and change texture. 
Repurchase: No, I'm tired of these. 


L'OREAL Elvital Öl Magique Low Shampoo
This is similar to Curl Nourishment, but not as good. There was little silky feeling at this one and the formula felt somewhat stranger. 
Repurchase: No.

L'OREAL Elvive Extraordinary Oil Curl Nourishment Cleansing Conditioner
This was an excellent product and it's a shame we don't have it here. It's a one-step product, combining shampoo and conditioner, but essentially a conditioner that didn't really lather up, but my hair felt clean anyway, except the scalp. It has a lot of silicones, so it left the hair super silky when I was rinsing it off and it was moisturizing enough, though I left it on for only a few minutes and it didn't have that much time to work. It was a product that I used when I didn't want to bother with my complicated routine, because it's so fast, but it doesn't substitute a shampoo/conditioner combo if your hair is very dirty, this is more to use when you're pressed for time or the hair is getting very dry. It didn't do anything for how the hair looked, so no frizz control. I broke the pump a long time ago, when I feel from a height. 
Repurchase: I can't.

My standards shampoo I use at almost every wash because I have a very dry scalp. It leaves my hair not tangled or dry. The changed the packaging now and it's a combination of white and mint green.
Repurchase: Done, I think I have two spares.

PANTENE Pro-V Intensive Repair Shampoo
One of my favourite shampoos. It's similar to L'Oreal's Extraordinary oil in a sense that it feels like a shampoo/conditioner hybrid. It's great stuff for very dry hair, just like the conditioner. 
Repurchase: Yes.


BALEA PROFESSIONAL Kophaut Balance Spülung
DM already discontinued this. I don't know why I ever bother with German brands like Balea, Essence, Catrice,...,  they discontinue everything and consistently launch new products like it's a competition. Anyway, this was a nice scalp conditioner that helped with my itchy scalp. It did nothing for my dandruff, which I hoped, but it was a nice product. I still have the scalp moisturizer from this line.
Repurchase: Discontinued.

GUHL Tiefen Aufbau 1-Minuten Intenziv Repair-Konzentrat
A useless mask when it comes to my very dry, coarse, super frizzy hair. Ingredients are nice, but it's too light and not nourishing enough for me. For not as dry hair though, I think this will be just fine. 
Repurchase: No.

SHEA MOISTURE Jamaican Black Castor Oil Treatment Masque Sachet
I've tried this now that I got a fresh hair cut too (the first time it didn't help my dried up ends) and it still didn't really stand out to me as much as I hoped. Ingredients are fantastic and formula super thick, so in theory I should love it, but I didn't get the wow factor, maybe because I've tried so many things already. La Croa Repair is so similar (I think also better) and sold in my local Müller. 
Purchase: I think I'll try other versions if they are any better. 

A super thick, balmy mask just like Repair version that I regularly repurchase, but I wasn't as impressed by this one. It felt less intense on my very dry, thick hair. I'm sticking to buying Repair ones. I'm losing hope we'll get the pot version here, as in my local Müller the amount of their products shrunk. 
Repurchase: I'll get Repair again.


CREATEURS DE MONOI  Face, Hair & Body Oil
One of my favourite oils for everything, but mainly hair. It's the only oil that doesn't make my hair smell rancid on the second day. It's a mix of coconut and jojoba oil, both great for hair and it's a good oil for combating very dry ends. It has a strong floral scent that is really nice. 
Repurchase: I have a spare.

BATISTE Dry Shampoo
Tropical, Blush, Cherry
I can't deal with dry shampoos anymore. I used to occasional use them for just adding fragrance and volume to my hair, but now they all feel soo drying. But Batiste are one of the most praised dry shampoos for oily hair, personally though, I find that powdery feeling annoying and prefer the much more fine Morocanoil dry shampoo. Tropical has a coconut scent that I find lacks something, Blush was a nice strong orchid scent and Cherry another nice floral.  
Repurchase: No.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

TRANSLATE