Clinique Even Better All-Over Concealer + Eraser

petek, junij 24, 2022


I never heard about this concealer until I was checking what else is interesting on Feel Unique, since I was already making a (re)purchase of Palmer's stuff, so this was a random find and a good one at that. This is quite an expensive concealer compared to the rest on my collection, though not as much as some high-end ones, but when I saw the ingredients list I just wanted this is my stash because I'm at a stage when I want good skin care (anti-ageing) ingredients in my makeup (as well as an SPF, though this doesn't have it). It has niacinamide, vitamin C, caffeine, resveratrol, hyaluronic acid, peptides, salicylic acid and a couple of extracts, so it's like an upgrade of Revlon Photoready Candid concealer that I love. This is my most used concealer since I got it several months ago.
 

Texture: It's a standard liquid concealer formula and one that blends easily, as it doesn't dry quick. It's nicely creamy and the type of formula that may just suit any skin type, though those with oily skin may want something more matte like Milani's Conceal + Perfect. I find the texture closest to Essence's  Camouflage+ Healthy Glow concealer, which is one of those creamy, easily blendable formulas that I can wear all over as a foundation. I didn't love this the first time I tried it, as it made my skin textured-looking and it looks like than on my before-after picture, but that has completely changed since then and it looks ok on the skin, not obvious and it works with all of my foundations. It can crease under my eyes like most concealers, but so far I haven't seen it slipping into my smile lines.


Coverage & finish: Coverage is about medium-full. I always use a smaller amount of concealer than you might see on makeup tutorials (I apply a dot under each eye) and my circles are covered well, as is the redness around the nose and most freckles. It doesn't look too dry or cakey on spots, but a second layer is needed for full coverage. Finish is natural, so neither matte not glowy.


Staying power: A lot of it is still on my face at the end of the day, but my skin is normal-dry, so oils don't ruin my makeup. I can't say how it would work on oily skin. 

Shade: I bought shade WN 01 Flax, which I believe is lightest. I ordered online, which made picking the shade a challenge, especially since I use 0.75 Custard at my only Clinique foundation Even Better Refresh and I've tried Flax from the line, which was a shade too dark for me. Flax is quite light and yellow toned. It isn't an ideal match, but suits me, especially when blended. This formula has a big selection of shades, over 40 I believe. 


Packaging: It has an added sponge in the cap, though the product is applied with a doe foot applicator. I haven't used the sponge yet, but it feels soft.


Price and availability: I ordered online on Feel Unique for about 26 €. I don't know if this is sold on counters in Slovenia (I haven't seen it in my local Müller).


Good level of coverage, formula that isn't drying matte and a nice ingredients list - it's a nice concealer for my skin, even if it it a bit more expensive. Shade isn't exactly perfect, but good enough and fits ok when blended. I pick it up on most days and I favour it before slightly nicer concealer like Maybelline the Eraser or Bourjois Radiance Reveal because of that ingredients list. Though for a particularly pesky spot, I reach for Milani's Conceal + Perfect because it has more coverage. 

Have a great day!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We greatly appreciate it!

    OdgovoriIzbriši

TRANSLATE