September favourites and wishlist

ponedeljek, september 30, 2024


Such a great formula. The shade is one my best matches and this foundation always looks good on the skin. It's got a light-medium coverage, a light, hydrating formula and it blends seamlessly into the skin. Finish can be very glowy on me in the summer, but as the weather gets colder, it looks more satin.


REVLON Colorstay Limitless Liquid Lipstick
I already put these in my last favourites, but since then I discovered how well they work as liquid blushes. They are thinner, more fast drying than classic liquid blushes, but regardless they blend ok and look even on the cheeks with diffused edges. What wowed me is how well they last on the cheeks, since cream blushes tend to disappear quicker than classic powder ones, but since this is a long lasting matte lipstick, it's really not that surprising it has a great staying power on the skin. I've also started blending shades, so I have plenty of shade options. My favourite combination is 002 Poster Child with 005 Strut, which creates a similar shade to Suede Ink 001 Gut Instinct.


I've been in the mood for only red nails for the whole month and this is my favourite red. It's an elegant cool-neutral red with an easy-to-work-with formula, plus it has the added benefit of smelling like perfume for the first 1-2 days - this one has a rich floral-patchouli scent similar to Armani Si Passione.


PANTENE PRO-V Molecular Bond Repair Shampoo and Conditioner
I didn't expect this to be any better than the already great Repair and Superfood versions, but especially the conditioner works great for my very dry, difficult hair. The shampoo foams well on the first wash already and it doesn't leave the hair with that squeaky clean, overly-stripped feeling that I need to avoid. Pantene conditioners and masks are my favourite drugstore formulas and this conditioner is another winner, though I'm miffed this tube has only 150 ml. It has yellow beads in the formula and instructions say to rub the formula in the palms of the hands to make them burst before application. Together with the shampoo these two make my hair feel so nice, essentially high-end level care. My hair is properly nourished, it feels silky and the ends feel better. Both smell exactly like the (discontinued?) Herbal Essences Hello Hydration line, a sweet tropical scent mixed with a type of creamy coconut scent - it's not the best description, but it's a great fragrance.

WISHLIST AND WHAT'S NEW


HAUTSACHE (von fraubeauty & DM) Reinigunöl - I spotted a new line of DM products online. I haven't had much luck with similar cheap cleansing oils so far, as most break me out, but I'll likely give this one a try. It has 7% of squalane
Vitamin C Serum - this has 15% of ascorbic acid and mixed reviews. I expect this develops a strong, metallic scent that I find hard to bear at acorbic acid products, but it's so nice to see something affordable in the drugstore. I might give it a go, we'll see.
Nachtcreme - a moisturiser with 3% Matrixyl 3000 and 1% Panthenol. It also has shea butter, resveratrol, hyaluronic acid and zink. Reviews are mostly very positive.

BALEA Beauty Expert Peptide Serum - I think a cream exists already or at least it was very similar. This has 0,1% Copperpeptides, 5% glycerine and hyaluronic acid.

SKINCYCLOPEDIA 20% Vitamin C Face Serum - this has 20% sodium ascorbyl phosphate and that's about it. It's a stable vitamin C, which isn't as effective as ascorbic acid, but I prefer the stable versions of vitamin C, as acorbic acid scent is not pleasant to me.
10% Matrixyl 3000 Face Serum - the name says all, it's a simple peptide serum.
1% Retinol / Squalane Face Serum - this brand has quite simple formulas, this based on ingredients looks like an oily product with retinol. The amount of retinol is high, so not for beginners.

MAX FACTOR Miracle Pure Skin Reset 2 in 1 Serum foundation - it took them a while, but MF released their version of a serum foundation. This boasts with a 2% niacinamide content. While I love their Facefinity foundation, I'm not that impressed by their Miracle Pure foundation (in a tube), so I'm not that drawn to try this. None of these Serum foundations worked well for me so far.

MAX FACTOR Miracle Pure Golden Glow Bronzer - after the blushes, they launched liquid bronzers as well. There are two shades. I'd be more interested in highlighters if they ever plan to launch one, though their blush has a lovely glow on its own.

TREND IT UP Smooth Glow Fluid Filter - another brand that copied the tinted highlighter primer, but they added the SPF 30. Given how empty their stand is, I almost doubt I'll ever see this in person, but I don't need it anyway.

TREND IT UP Dewy Cream Blush and Matte Blush Cream - two cream blushes, both exist in more shades. They already launched the bronzer and highlighter in the tube version, but I didn't like the bronzer/sculpting shade in person, as I felt pigmentation was poor.

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Nice Post with information regarding great use! The information is impressive.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. Great and helpful piece of info. I am glad that you shared this helpful info with us.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. I am very happy to read this article. Thanks for giving us Amazing info. Fantastic post.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  4. The overall look of your web site is great. Thank you for this excellent read!!

    OdgovoriIzbriši

TRANSLATE