Essence & Catrice Reviews 2024

ponedeljek, september 09, 2024


CATRICE Blush Affair Liquid Blush
050 - Plum-tastic

My second shade, as I already got and reviewed shade 010 Pink Feelings. This one is a more unique colour. It appeared to me inspired by the famous Black Honey shade by Clinique, but given that Nivea's Blackberry Shine lip balm is the alleged dupe, Catrice's shade is quite different. 


It’s a cool deep plum colour that blends out into a shade that's somewhere between a cool purple and a pink - someone on my IG said the shade reminds her of a bruise, which I agree due to the coolness, but blended out it looks better. I only need the tinniest amount because this is a deep shade that also has a lot of pigmentation. The result on my cheeks kind of makes me look like I either came from an extreme cold or am already suffering from hypothermia, as that cool undertone make you look like you're very cold. Nivea's Blackberry Shine lip balm that I use as a blush on occasions ends up warmer.


ESSENCE Blush Crush!
10 Caramel Latte, 20 Deep Rose, 40 Strawberry Flush and 50 Pink Pop

I already reviewed shade 60 Lovely Lilac before and then I got four more shades, most recently 50 Pink Pop, which is pictured separately. Formulas differ in this line, with 40 Strawberry Flush being noticeably drier and less pigmented than the rest, but overall these are great for the price. Essence's blushes are usually good quality, no matter how many times they change their names and packaging.


10 Caramel Latte has such a lovely glow on the skin. It's not my shade because it's too warm and ends up yellow/orange on my skin, but if you have a deeper warm skin tone, this should look great on you.

Shade 20 Deep Rose is much less pink one me that's I've seen it look on others - not surprising to be honest. It's a deep, muted peach. Compared to the discontinued Befitting, which was the most popular shade, it's less pink and I don't think it's as universally flattering as that one was.

40 Strawberry Flush is my favourite in the bunch or sharing it's spot with 50 Pink Pop. I could call it a typical peachy-pink with golden shimmer a.k.a. the Nars Orgasm dupe (in a loose sense. We all know how many alleged "dupes" exist), but this one has the perfect balance between pink and peachy (orange) tones that really make someone with my skin tone look so fresh. Great shade. Pigmentation is medium and needs to be build up, but it has the same lovely glow as shade 10.



50 Pink Pop is a baby doll pink with the most intense glow out of my selection. The fine shimmer it has is silver, unlike in shades 10 and 40, which have gold. It has a creamy, nicely pigmented formula that's better quality than shade 40.



ESSENCE Hydra Matte Lipstick
404 Virtu-rose and 411 Rock 'n' Rose

A couple of years ago I had this in the shade 401 Mauve-ment and I reviewed the formula then. It's not as good as Catrice's matte lipsticks (and nowhere near Revlon's), but for the price good enough. Pigmentation is rich and I don't find it drying, but I don't find many formulas drying anyway. Staying power is average, as these are more of a creamy matte formulas than proper dry-to-the-touch matte.


Shade 404 Virtu-Rose is the darker of the two, a medium pink shade that leans to red. 


411 Rock 'n' Rose is cooler on my lips that I imagined when I saw it in the tube. It's a about the natural depth of my lips, so quite light, pink and leans to cool.



ESSENCE Juicy Glow Juicy Bomb Lip Oil
02 - Strawberry Star

I expected too much from these, mainly because I love Catrice's Glossin' Glows and Essence's Cranberry Lip Oil, but I think I'm more bothered by the applicator than the formula. The annoyingly small applicator applies so little at a time on the lips, so this feels nothing like my favourite, rich lip gloss formulas. But even so, this doesn't feel like a lip oil, it's still a classic gloss. It's not that much different from the tubes. If you want a proper lip oil, try either Catrice's version, since as great as Essence's Cranberry oil was, the discontinued it already - which is honestly so typical of Essence, am I right?


The scent of Strawberry Star is like those soft strawberry candy, very sweet. Several versions exist.


ESSENCE Soft & Precise Lip Pencil
202 My Mind, 203 My Advice, 204 My Way and 303 Delicate

I reviewed shade 301 Romantic most recently, which is a concealer nude shade and that one is quite dry. There are the classic Soft & Precise formulas, so creamy, yet not overly soft like Essence's first lipliners were. Staying power is not the best.


202 My Mind is very close to my natural lip colour and a nice shade for a kind of no makeup makeup look and so shaping the lips. Compared to my lip colour it's a touch deeper and is pink based.
203 My Advice is about the same depth as 202, except it leans to peach.
204 My Way is the deepest of the four, sort of a flesh colour.
303 Delicate is a peach shade with some fine shimmer or frost, unusual for a lipliner.


ESSENCE Hello, Good Stuff! Glow Serum Primer

I got this based on some recommendation and because I think it was heavily inspired by the Glow Recipe Niacinamide Drops. I've had this for a while and I find it quite a bland product. It's no different than any other hydrating gel moisturiser. It leaves the same glow as a cream or SPF and just like with those the shine eventually disappears from my dry skin. There's no shimmer than I can see in this and as far as being a good base for foundation goes, I find it's the same as most moisturisers. As a plus I can say it has niacinamide high on the list and it has a stable version of vitamin C. The scent is a very chemical watermelon one. I think products like Neutrogena's Bright Boost Serum and Body Boom Superstar Hydrating and Illuminating Face and Eye Cream are more impressive, since they have tiny shimmer.

CATRICE Brow Stylist Waterproof
020 Date With Ash-ton

I don't do anything to my eyebrows and I only got this so I have something in my stash to use on others. I got this shade because Adjusting Beauty says it's good. Formula is hard, there is light-medium colour pay-off, so great for a gradual application. Shade is cool, though not as cool as my eyebrows, but there's no reddish tone.


ESSENCE Micro Precise Eyebrow Pencil
04 - dark blonde


This formula is much creamier than Catrice's and the colour pay-off is medium. It glides easily on the skin and the micro tip is meant for drawing tiny strokes, so eyebrow hair. Shade is warmer than Catrice's 020 Date With Ash-ton. Compared to Revlon's Colorstay Micro brow pencil, Essence is creamier and because of that you have less control over the intensity of application than at Revlon.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Nice post 🙂 Love essence & catrice products, esp. trend editions

    OdgovoriIzbriši

TRANSLATE