Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick Revlon Red

četrtek, marec 07, 2019


This was actually my first red lipstick many years ago and now we are reunited. It's probably the epitome of a classic lipstick, since these have been a part of Revlon's brand for about 60 years now. Fire & Ice is their most famous red shade, but they named this red after themselves.


Texture: The formula hasn't changed since probably forever, or at least since I tried it back in the 00's. It's a standard creamy formula with a slightly shiny finish and a comfortable feeling on the lips. It's fully opaque in one coat.


Shade: Revlon Red is deceptively dark in the tube, but on my lips it's a warm-neutral bright red.


Staying power: This is one of the rare red lipsticks that I find doesn't have a super impressive staying power. It wiped off within four hours of wearing, but it stayed comfortable the entire time.


Packaging: is a standard Revlon bullet in a black and gold colour scheme. The winding up mechanism works fine and the lid hold tight.


Availability and price: These are sold in drugstores and online on Click2chic, price is about 9.98 €.


Brutal honestly - I think these are a remnant of the past. Though it's a perfectly fine lipstick and I find it nice that Revlon sticks to their old formulas and in particular shades, so many better formulas are sold in drugstores. I don't recall having a red shade that wouldn't last long (maybe I had something from Essence a few years back), however, the formula is very comfortable on the lips and pigmentation is great. From Revlon's lip products I'm a big fan of their Ultra HD Matte Lipcolors and I'd highly recommend you try those instead. Revlon also has a nail polish with the same name, but it ends up a much cooler on me and I like it a lot more.

Have a great day!

*PR product

You Might Also Like

1 comments

TRANSLATE