March Favourites, Updates and Wishlist

nedelja, marec 31, 2019


DEBORAH Milano Il Fondotinta City Defence
00
This is one wonderful foundation, except it has one fault for me. You know me and my love for any foundation that looks like skin and this is definitely it. It looks very similar on me as Maybelline's Matte + Poreless, my favourite, except it's more moisturising, so while M + P is currently out of the question for me, City Defence fits my dry skin perfectly. It's got a light to medium coverage, it blends seamlessly into the skin, doesn't emphasise pores and it's wearing off nicely without becoming patchy. For dry skin this is really nice and has a natural matte finish on me, but since it's got a more moisturising texture than some other foundations I own, it might not set on combination-oily skin, so I still need to see how this foundation will perform all year round. Its minus that I'm not happy about is the shade. I have the lightest available and it's quite dark for something considered a fair shade. I'm mixing it with The Body Shop Adjusting drops, but it's annoying doing that every morning and I rarely get the mix quite right because it's so dark. It's a shame about the shade range from my perspective, but when it comes to formula, I really like this.


L.O.V. BLUSHment Blurring Blush 
30 Beautiful Minds Empower Other, 50 Yes She can and 60 Be the Next She.E.O
I am so impressed with the quality of these and I think they are my favourite blushes ever, knocking theBalm off its throne. Formula is fantastic - nicely pigmented, very easy to blend, not powdery and long-lasting. I like all the shades and all are very easy to wear. 30 is a muted mauve-peach on me, which sounds like a strange combination, but it works (Petra reviewed it here, but it looks different on my neutral skin tone). It's also the one shade with a satin finish. The other two have tiny shimmer which creates an amazing healthy glow that actually lasts for hours and the shimmer doesn't end up everywhere at the end of the day. Shade 50 is particularly gorgeous and my favourite out of the three. It's a very pale pink, but it gives me plenty of colour on the cheeks plus the glow. Shade 60 is a vibrant warm pink, again with a nice glow. Such a shame these weren't sold in Slovenia when we had the stand, though I'm not sure how new these are, but they are so worth checking out. 


I have five of these and texture differs a lot, so these are here primarily because of the shades. Both of these are recommended for a neutral skin tone, which I have, and they are such a great fit. Pink Flair is a beautiful pink-beige nude that doesn't turn too cool nor too peachy on me and I've been wearing it a lot since I got it. My second favourite is Cranberry Blush which is unique in my collection and a medium muted berry that doesn't look too cool on me, instead it's a nice neutral-warm colour. Both are lovely, easy to wear shades for a neutral fair skin tone. Formula is thicker than most lipsticks I own, though these two are least thick of the five I have. Staying power of Pink Flair is not the best, but it is a light shade, which usually last much less than bright shades. Cranberry is better in that respect, but it's not the best shade out of five. 


I love this for a simple everyday colour that lasts well on the lips and I don't have to worry about it. It's fully opaque in one coat, sets perfectly matte in a minute or two, doesn't crack on the lips and feels comfortable enough to me. It's one of the best drugstore liquid lipsticks out there. 

This is one of my favourite shades that like Deborah is an easy-to-wear every day shade, except this one is a bit darker and a pinky-mauve. Mauves often look to cool one, Maybelline's Lover is a typical example of such a shade that looks warm on most, but cool on me, while Sephora's shade 13 is the most neutral such shade. Formula is again fantastic and I'm happy that this is in my collection, however, staying isn't quite as good as at other brands.


VERSACE Crystal Noir eau de toilette
It feels good to check something off my wishlist after it's been on there for so many years, so obviously this was going to land in this post. It's a clean-clothes-meets-oriental-spices type of scent with some underlying warmth from the coconut note that pops up occasionally. I think the "clean", soft part I'm smelling is a mix of gardenia and musk, while the spicy bit all the top notes, so ginger, cardamom and pepper. After all these years I still find it so unique among fragrances, there just aren't many clean yet spicy scents, they always drag patchouli into spicy scents which I hate. It also lasts so long on the skin.


This is exactly the same as their Oil-liscious or Őla-la-la spray, so like the name says a light oil in a spray form and it's a saviour when my hair is dry, lacks shine and/or is tangly. It makes the hair a lot more polished and in fact in some of my hair pictures I used Oil-liscious spray to give the hair that almost "ad campaign" look. It gives an intense level of shine, tames all the pesky flayaways and makes the hair less dry looking. It's best suited for dry hair because it has a good taming effect by adding an oily layer, but a couple of quick bursts should be fine of thin hair too

CREATEURS DE MONOI Oil
I made a switch from coconut oil back to this and the reason is the smell. This is much more pleasant, plus it contains coconut oil too, so it's still great for dealing with my very dry hair. It's got a strong, pleasant floral scent that doesn't go weird in later days and just like coconut oil my hair absorbs this like a sponge, so this provides a temporary fix for the day. I still need to apply something every day to combat dryness, but this does a lot more than silicone oils. 


THE BODY SHOP Body Butter Shea Butter 
As you might expect since my hair is very dry and the skin on my face, same obviously goes for my body. This is the thickest and richest moisturiser I have. I'm not going to say it makes my skin baby soft because that just never happens to me with any moisturiser or even oil, so I'm always perplexed by peoples reviews saying that, but it properly nourishes my skin and banishes the feeling of dryness. A little goes a long way at this one, so I've had it for quite some time now. This scent is very simple, clean and nutty, basically unisex and I like it.

GREAT FIRST IMPRESSIONS


L.O.V. GLITTERunexpected Sparkling Eyeshadow Palette
None of the colours in this palette are to my taste, as I'm a neutral kind of girl, but I'm very impressed by the quality the eyeshadows. At first I didn't think much about them, especially since some swatch a bit weird, but they perform so well on the eyes. I've worn most of the shades by now and I started with the what I thought was the poorest performer shade called Bold (mint green with silver shimmer). I think mentioned before that I don't have a habit of looking myself in the mirror during the day, so I was very pleasantly surprised when I went to take off my make up about 12h later and this shade was still on. There was no creasing (unlike at the The Galaxy eyeshadows & liners), the shimmer didn't travel all over my face and most of the colour was still holding on. Shade Fame has a foiled effect, so like liquid metal and pigmentation is so good I don't have to build it up much. Blending wasn't an issue either, but they aren't super smooth. If you're looking for some high quality metallic/super shimmery eyeshadow, these are worth checking out. It's a shame the shades are not up to my taste.


L.O.V. the GLOWrious Deep Metallic Highlighting Palette
I really wasn't impressed with this one the first time I used it, but after I swatched it and got through the top layer, this got much better. In fact this could be featured it the first part of these favourites, but for now I'm keeping it under good first impressions. It's not as nice as my favourite Colourpop Flexiterian, but the first two shades are excellent when applied with a dense fluffy eyeshadow brush. Shimmer is very fine and creates a great glow that is some of the best I've seen at Cosnova products. My favourite shade is Rosy Radiance which is like an improved rose gold shade from the Revolution Pro 4K highlighter palette. Metal Glam is a gold champagne highlighter and unlike the Rosy Radiance I have plenty of dupes for that shade, so it's not as unique, but still very pretty nonetheless. Both of the shades could benefit from some more creaminess, but like I said with a dense brush they work fine. Prismatic on the other hand is just not a good shade. I swatched it and it's more of a satin finish with little shimmer, so I'm not really sure what it's doing in this palette, especially since the pigmentation can't compare to the other two.

ORIFLAME The One Colour Stylist Ultimate Lipstick
Sunset Show
Pink Flair and Cranberry Blush got their spot in the favourites above, while this one gets a spot here because of the formula. The shade is too warm and bright for my taste, but the formula is the most long-lasting classic lipstick I've tried to date. It survived eating and drinking intact, I even tested it the middle of the day if it transfers (which it does) and it didn't fade much. By the time I took it off 9h have passed and it was still vibrant and even on my lips. The colour was a bit faded, but considering this is a regular satin finish lipstick it's very impressive. Having said that, I've tried 5 shades from this line and only this one can boast with such a staying power. Too bad Pink Flair doesn't last the same.


ESSENCE Lash Princess False Lash Effect Mascara, ESSENCE You Better Work! Volume & Curl Mascara & MAX FACTOR 2000 Calorie Mascara
I got three mascaras in the lasts weeks to test out and all are pretty good. Not perfect, but all have their strengths. Lash Princess gives an impressive amount of volume without having to build it up much and it's a lot less wet than the original, so it doesn't drop my lashes, however, it also doesn't manage to really hold a curl more than half way up. You Better Work is my least favourite out of the three because it claims to be waterproof, it's hard to remove and yet, it doesn't hold a curl. Regardless it's one of the nicest mascaras in terms effect because again you get a lot of volume, this one also fans out the lashes nicely and just in general looks really good. But very surprisingly my favourite is actually Max Factor's. It's not as volumising like the other two, at least when applied in the same amount of coats, but it manages to create the most natural volumising effect and it's a mascara that doesn't look heavy, yet it gives you enough. My lashes are naturally quite messy, it's because they are squished behind my glasses and this puts them in their place, plus it doesn't go clumpy no matter how much I apply it (with Lash Princess there is a limit because of the much thicker formula). Similarly to their Voluptious formula is doesn't weight down my lashes and performs similarly when it comes to holding a curl as the other two, so I consider it one of the nicest formulas for stubborn lashes in the drugstores.


BATH & BODY WORKS Fragranced Body Mist
Sea Island Cotton
I've said in my New in that this is like fresh clothes and a shower in a bottle. If you know Yankee Candle Clean Cotton scent, this is it in a body mist form. I think it's perfect for when you just want to smell fresh without any more perfumery fruity floral or oriental notes. I got my sample from the lovely Sandra and I might consider getting a big bottle. Despite the name I get no aquatic /seaside/salty notes in this, instead it's more about powder and musk.

UPDATE

Why does this product hate me when I like it so much? I gave it its I don't know which chance again and I got the same result as always. This is one of the nicest skin care products I've ever tried. It's like a super luxurious lotion that leaves my skin properly hydrated as it contains several versions of hyaluronic acid. And like always it works perfect for one week and I then it break me out, so I'm stuck with cleaning up the mess again. Who knows how long it will take for the red marks to fade this time, it's already been close to three weeks. This lotion so cheap per ml, so nice and so effective in terms of hydration, but this breaking out business s such a stab in the back. I guess I'm sticking to a smaller amount of hyaluronic acid in Cezanne.   


WISHLIST

I need to upgrade my hair care stash, mainly by stocking up on proteins. My choices are Schwarzkopfs Fibreforce, Joico's K-Pack, Redken Extreme and Schwarzkopf Blondeme Keratin Restore lines. All of these are meant for damaged hair and I picked them because they have hydrolised proteins high on the list. I recently read a positive review about Klair's Freshly Juiced Vitamin Drop and since I'm not 100% loving my other Vitamin C essence from Rohto, I'd like to give this a try. Also though I don't use separate eye creams (to be fair I don't think they are necessary) I hear some good things about Innisfree Orchid Eye Cream and I'd like to get a pot of it at one point. 

Have a great day!

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. I am just such a fan of the body shop I do see more brands releasing products for lightening or darkening foundation

    Candice x

    natalyaamour.com

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I've tried a few formulas for lightening foundation shades, but this is by far my favourite :)

      Izbriši
  2. L.O.V. rdečila so res fantastična. Hvala za delitev ;) <3

    Sem se spomnila nate in na Deborah tekočo šminko, ko sem iskala en specifičen odtenek za prijateljico in ga začuda tudi našla. Vem, da vedno hvališ to formulo in sem kar kupila. Jaz imam samo eno metalik verzijo in tista je bolj suha. Mi je pa všeč, da imajo kar dober nabor odtenkov. Zame mogoče presuha formula, za večino pa ravno super.

    Zdaj pa moram preizkusiti Max Factor maskaro. Nerada odpiram več maskar naenkrat, ampak po pravici povedano,, katere mi niso všeč jih itak ne uporabljam več. Samo sedijo v predalu.

    Hada Labo mi je bil zelo všeč, čeprav tudi Cezanne ni slab. Meni kar ustreza. Je dovolj za mojo mešano kožo. Res škoda, da ti maši pore. :/

    Sea Island Cotton bo šel na wishlisto, čeprav ga nisem povohala. Si me kupila z Yankee Candle Clean Cotton primerjavo :D. Ena moji najljubših vonjev sveč. Bi bilo zanimivo imeti še dišavo :).

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. LOV rdečila so res zelo prijetno presenečenje :) Mislim, da bo kar trajalo preden bom uporabila kakšno drugo formulo :)

      Deborah formula je odlična in premalo se govori o njih. Bi pa rada videla še kakšen svetlejši nude odtenek :)

      Vedno sem mislila, da je 2000 Calorie zagotovo zanič, ker mi rdeča verzija ni bila dobra, ampak sem se zelo motila. Ne prodaja se že toliko časa za brezveze :)

      Sea Island Cotton je res ista stvar kot YC Clean Cotton. Isti vonj po pralnem prašku oz. mehčalcu, kar meni zelo odgovarja :)

      Izbriši
  3. L.O.V blushe imam že na WL zaradi tebe in Petre :D Mi je žal, da nisem bolj izkoristila njihovega stojala, ko je še bil :/ Pa sploh ko so imeli 50% znižanje na koncu.

    Max Factor maskara pa je tudi mene navdušila. Sem videla, da so jo vse hvalile, ampak me sploh ni mikala, da bi si jo kupila. Res naredi tak lep efekt polnih trepalnic in jih sploh ne zlepi. Opažam sicer, da se zna čisto malo razmazati po zgornji veki.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Jaz sem žal čisto zamudila -50%, ker sem prepozno slišala, da jih mečejo iz Müllerja in ne hodim pogosto po trgovinah. Sem hotela vzet še kakšen lak, zeleno magnetno senčko, ki sem jo dolgo gledala in blush (tiste podolgovate, edine na naših stojalih). Sem pa vesela, da imam zdaj namesto te tri, ki so res odlični :).

      Nisem nikoli čisto verjela pozitivnim ocenam te maskare, ker pri navadnih formulah avtomatsko mislim, da so premokre in niso zame. Tale je pa zelo prijetno presenečenje. Kakšnega razmazovanja pa nisem opazila, ampak nimam mastnih vek.

      Izbriši

TRANSLATE