Kérastase Elixir Ultime Sublime Cleansing Oil Shampoo

torek, julij 01, 2014


Kérastase is my favourite hair care brand and after being seriously impressed by Oleo-Relax shampoo, I really wanted to try this one from the Elixir Ultime range, partly because I expected it to be another fantastic shampoo, but mostly because I adore the scent of the Elixir Ultime hair oil and this has the same scent. 

The formula is an average clear runny one and it foams nicely. It cleans the hair well, washes out easily and in general performs as it should, though I miss that bit of extra nourishment that Oleo-Relax has. The latter feels like I used a conditioner, however, Elixir Ultime is less moisturising and leaves my hair feeling a bit too stripped for my liking, but I'm the one that does not like the squeaky clean feeling as my hair is already very dry. I think Kérastase is very much right in recommending this shampoo for all hair types, it truly is something that should work for anyone despite the fact it has the word oil in the description.

The scent of it is almost the same as the oil just less intense, so pretty much divine in every aspect. I describe it as a floral-coconut-amber scent, very high-end fragrance like and people often compliment how good my perfume is, even though I've only used a bit of Elixir Ultime on the hair.

The packaging looks luxuriously shiny with the gold cap, but I have the same issue with it as with Oleo-Relax - seriously, has no one in their design team had the common sense to put a cap with a flip lid on it instead of a screw-off one? It's such a simple little thing and it would made things a lot easier. But at least the bottle is clear so you can see how much it's still left.


It's a nice shampoo, not doubt about that, but when I pay as much as this one costs, I expect something exceptional that pretty much performs miracles on my dry hair. I'm not disappointed in any way, but I would like more from it, hence why I will repurchase Oleo-Relax, which in my opinion is exceptional and I am willing to pay the price for it. The scent is addictive and I wish Oleo-Relax had the same one. 

I bought my bottle on HqHair for 19.28 €. Slovenes can get it in Simple salons and Salma.

Have a great day!

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Joj si pridna z lasnimi izdelki. Mene je sram priznat ampak minimalno vlagam v lase. Ne vem, mrtvo je mrtvo, sploh pri mojih pobeljenih laseh. Raje odrežem vsake toliko časa da lahko eksperimentiram naprej :D

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Jaz kar moram uporabljat boljše stvari, ker drugače imam zelo, zelo suhe lase, ki ne ubogajo in so trdi kot bi uporabila lak. Imamo vsi v družini takšne lase :/ Ampak čisto razumem, da večina nima tako zahtevnih las in ne rabijo praktično nič razen šampona :)

      Izbriši
  2. Zveni super! Misliš, da bi bil ok tudi za moje hitro-mastne lase? :)

    Drugače sem pa danes dobila paket iz lookfantastic in sprobala Balance Me takoj - zaenkrat sem zelo zadovoljna. :) Redken izdelki pa tudi super dišijo, da ne govorim o Kerastase Forme Fatale in gratis Sleep-in rolerji (ki so mimogrede črni z zlatimi bleščicami, haha). :)

    P.S. ne vem kje priti v stik s tabo za kak daljši klepet - nisi na Twitterju aktivna a ne? Facebook tudi ne? Če ne gre drugače mi pošlji mail, če si za. :D

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Ja, mislim, da bi bil čisto ok za mastne lase :) Ima tako bolj lahko formulo, ki se popolnoma spere in ne obteži las, vsaj tako se mi zdi po izkušnjah na mojih laseh.

      O, super :) Balance Me je meni super, še posebej zdaj ko sem naročila par cenejših cleanserjev se vidi kako je dober :) A veš, da je tudi mene tale ponudba skoraj premamila? Je res skoraj too good to be true in tistih sleep rollerjev se ne bi branila, še posebej ne črnih z bleščicami :D.

      Nisem kaj dosti na social medias, ker sem bolj kot ne definicija anti-social loner-ja. Twiter imam pa ga ne maram, edino na fb sem malo več. Ti lahko na mejl pošljem link do fb in me lahko dodaš :)

      Izbriši
  3. I bought this for my mom and she says she loves it :-) Can't say for myself though, as I've never tried it.

    OdgovoriIzbriši

TRANSLATE