Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs

nedelja, julij 27, 2014


Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs has been on my wishlist forever, but since it's in an aerosol form (though I heard a lotion version exists as well), until recently I couldn't buy it online and it wasn't sold in my country. This has a lot of very positive reviews dubbing it as the ultimate makeup for legs and believe me I need plenty of that.


My legs are a disaster, which I am occasionally and not that subtly informed by people when I bare my legs (which I do all the time since I wear only dresses and skirts. Obviously I wear tights when it's colder). Years of having the worst ingrown hair, regardless of the hair removing method I use be it epilator, waxing, shaving, depilatory cream or one of those scrubbing disks and the fact that I use scrub as well as moisturise regularly, have left me with tons of scarring and marks. I even used AHA's like Skin Doctors' Ingrown Go and it didn't work at all. It also doesn't help that I'm a very pale girl with strong dark hair resulting in tiny black dots of hair growing under the skin. So yes, you can say I need a little something to at least disguise the problems a little bit and I had strong hopes this will be it. For those reasons I won't be showing you how it performs on the legs, since the worldwide web really doesn't need to see my massacred pins. Now I feel weird sharing that, but this is the source of some of my greatest insecurities.

So how does Sally Hansen's spray perform? It promises to cover freckles, veins and imperfections, however, in my experience this is more of an instant tan for the legs than a proper covering makeup. Light Glow is a great colour for me to paint over my pasty gams as it's about the same colour I achieve with a self tanner and not at all orange, but incredibly believable. The coverage is minimal and apart from darkening the skin, most of the damage on my legs is still visible.


It is not the easiest product to apply, partly due to the spray not distributing the product well as it merely deposits a little pool of product in one place. This is pretty much impossible for me to apply without a mitt if I want a nice even application. It needs to be blended fast because it dries super quick and after that it doesn't budge at all. There is a very slight sticky feeling for a while, but the product doesn't transfer and needs a lot of rubbing to take it off.


It smells funny, almost like a self tanner, but the scent is not that strong, though you can catch a whiff of it occasionally. 

The can is quite small with only 75 ml of product which for the price isn't exactly the best deal.

I got mine on Boots International for £9.99. For Slovene readers it's also available on Salma and Glossy. It comes is several different shades.

Though it is not ideal for my needs, I have been reaching for this regularly as it's the closest thing I've got for diminishing the awful state of my legs swiftly. It's a fantastic quick tan faker and a great product for occasions when bare legs will be shown. The staying power is amazing as well and I really appreciate that it doesn't transfer. I actually quite like it, though, of course, I would prefer I higher level of coverage. 

Have a great day!

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. ma ravno pred nekaj dnevi sem si naročla tole, ampak v temnejšem odtenku - ne vem zakaj :P Tud meni se zdi malce težje nanašat, ker se ful hitro suši, drugač pa izgleda ful fajn :) .. Mogoče mi je malo žal, da nisem naročla tega svetlega odtenka :)
    beautyofalemon.blogspot.com

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. Hmmm the cvolor looks a bit off, I don't know. I don't think this is the product for me.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. Sploh ne vem kaj bi napisala- mi izgleda ok in hkrati ne...mogoče me celo mika :D

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  4. I have the same 'problem' with my legs but I really can't be bothered covering them up =/

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  5. Tole je na tudi moji WL že zelo dolgo, čeprav sem pa pričakovala, da bo bolj prekriven, ker ga vse tako hvalijo. Škoda.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  6. Jaz tudi plačujem že cel mesec, da sem se povoskala na začetku poletja. Toliko vraslih dlak, da adijo pamet. Pa res zgleda slabo, kot da sem se pozabila pobriti. In zdaj se ne upam več povoskat, čeprav imam že doma za drugo rundo. Samo ne vem če je vredno. Britvice mi pa presedajo. Škoda, da ni izdelek optimalen, poskusila bi s čim takim, če bi pomagalo.

    OdgovoriIzbriši

TRANSLATE