Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvets Frambourjoise and Olé Flamingo

četrtek, julij 10, 2014


After being seriously impressed by the gorgeous matte finish of 08 Grand Cru, two more Rouge Edition Velvets joined my collection. I've often spoken about Velvets in my recent posts and they were featured in several favourites, so the time has come for me to finally post the swatches of the other two. 


I won't go into too much detail about the formula, since I already covered that at length in my review for the shade 08 Grand Cru and it's pretty much the same one. However, 02 Framboujoise and 05 Olé Flamingo do indeed have a much smoother and more pigmented formula, yet they still need two layers for an opaque and even finish. Again it takes about 15 minutes for them to set to a velvet-matte finish and both have the same fantastic staying power as Grand Cru, so they can last very long provided they don't come in contact with anything greasy.

I had such difficulties swatching Grand Cru again, but on the lips it's much easier to build up the colour.

02 Frambourjoise
This is one of my favourite shades at the moment, I seriously flippin' adore it. It's a rose-red-pink that is a perfect mix between a fun and a glamorous colour. Unlike the other two shades, it never fully dries to a matte finish, rather it stays a bit creamy.


05 Olé Flamingo
Is a super bright, fuchsia pink with a warm undertone. As far as I can tell it's a very similar shade to Pink Pong, except that one has a blue undertone. This shade has without a doubt the best formula out of the three. It's smooth, very pigmented and dries to the perfect velvet-matte finish.


Like I said in my Grand Cru post, applying these needs a bit more effort and they require time to set, but the finish is beautiful. As I suspected Grand Cru is the hardest shade to work with and others have a much better, smoother formula. 

These cost about 12€ in drugstores. For those who can't get them in their country they are sold on Feel Unique, Boots International and Asos.

Have a great day!

You Might Also Like

18 comments

  1. Frambourjoise je res lep odtenek. Jaz pa bi rada kupila še kako bolj nude varianto, ampak ne vem še katero:)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Meni se zdita oba "nude" odtenka pri velvetsih sploh ne tako nude. Lahko bi imeli še kakšen svetlejši odtenek :)

      Izbriši
    2. Se popolnoma strinjam. Vsi vlečejo na nek bolj barvit odtenek. Jaz bi tudi raje nek pravi nude odtenek:))

      Izbriši
    3. Jaz imam tega in je res noro lep :)

      Nude šminke sem pa zadnje čase čisto zanemarila...

      Izbriši
  2. Oba sta mi krasna. Ole Flamingo sem že hotela kupiti, ampak je res precej podoben Pinbg Pongu, pa ga zato nisem.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Ja, med Pink Pong in Olé flamingo se meni zdi premajhna razlika, tudi jaz ne bi kupovala oba :)

      Izbriši
  3. Those are gorgeous! I'm going to make a purchase on asos when I save up some money to buy tons of bourjois products since I live in America.

    Krissy | http://teenagemakeupqueen.blogspot.com/

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. It really is a good brand :) I like pretty much everything I've tried from them :)

      Izbriši
  4. Res morem še po kakšen odtenek ali dva :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  5. super, še en slovenski blog! :)
    všeč so mi šminke. Če želiš, si lahko ogledaš tudi moj blog: http://ninalavitaebella.blogspot.com/

    lp:)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  6. I am so relieved to see that your Grand Cru looks exactly like mine, I was afraid mine was faulty! It's incredibly hard to apply evenly, but the result is very rewarding nevertheless.
    By the way, I found your blog a few months ago while I was looking for reviews on Grand Cru right after I bought it, and I came to stay: I really enjoy reading your reviews, keep up the good work! :)
    Serena (Trst)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Yes, the texture of Grand Cru is just so odd, but as you said the final result is so worth it :)
      Thank you :D I hope you'll enjoy my future posts, Serena (love your name :) )

      Izbriši
  7. Sama nad seboj sem presenečena, da nisem tudi enega odtenka še preizkusila... :D

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  8. I think you persuade me to order #05 as well.

    OdgovoriIzbriši

TRANSLATE