Favourite Drugstore Concealers

petek, september 04, 2020


 MAYBELLINE Instant Anti-age Eraser Multi-use Concealer
Coverage: Medium
Finish: Natural
Quantity:  6.8 ml
Price: €9.99 in Müller/DM | €10.45 on Look Fantastic | €6.30 on Notino | €6.10 on Spletična 
My Shade: 00 Ivory
It shouldn't be a surprise that this is here. This has been my favourite formula for ages and after having to make do with two shades that didn't match me well for years (01 Light and 03 Fair), I've finally found my perfect match last year 00 Ivory - and in my local drugstore no less. It's not a concealer that gives you perfect full coverage, but I don't need nor what that anyway. I've long been a fan of this formula because it looks so natural on the skin, it blends seamlessly whether I'm wearing a foundation under it or not. It covers about a medium which is enough for me (for spots I have to pick up a full coverage formula instead) and the sponge is really helpful because at most times I don't need anything else to blend (unless there is a lot of product on the sponge). Using this really feels like an eraser due to the applicator.




BOURJOIS Radiance Reveal Concealer 
Coverage: Medium
Finish: Dewy
Quantity:  7.8 ml
Price: €9.99 in Müller/DM | €5.73 on Notino | €3.20-5.60 on Spletična 
My Shade: 01 Ivory
This is another old favourite and again a formula that looks very natural on the skin. It's never heavy or cakey, especially because it doesn't dry as fast nor does it have that matte finish high-coverage concealers often have, which makes it a formula that looks a lot more fresh on the skin. Though this doesn't have the high coverage of for example L'Oreal Infallible concealer, it does a good enough job under the eyes or hiding moderate redness. Too bad that after all this time Bourjois still hasn't expanded the shade range because the lightest one is a bit too dark for me, at least I have to be more careful around the edges and make sure they are nicely blended, otherwise it can be obvious it's a bit too dark for me. I love both the Eraser and this equally, though Eraser has the advantage when it comes to shades.  




BRONX COLORS Boosting Hydrating Concealer
Coverage: Medium
Finish: Natural-dewy
Quantity: 10 ml
Price: €6.50 on Bronx Colors | €6.99 on beauty-world.si | also available in shops Hipermarker Merkator Šiška, Beauty World and E.Leclerc Maribor
My Shade: Beige
A very recent discovery and it's actually very similar to the Radiance Reveal. Again natural looking on the skin, since it blends seamlessly, it's not drying matte and it doesn't oxidise. It's has an advantage over Eraser and Bourjois, namely this doesn't crease even if I don't powder it, though I'm so used to applying a bit of powder just to set the concealer (due to wearing glasses) that it's not that an important feature for me.  It has the same medium coverage as the two above, which for some might not be enough, but I don't like heavy formulas, especially under the eyes. I can and have been wearing this as a foundation too because I really love how natural this looks (same goes for Eraser and Bourjois), despite having this in a shade that is too dark for me (Beige), but it adapts and I actually don't consider it a poor match. Another plus is that this is one of the largest concealers in terms of quantity compared to my other ones, since it has 10 ml of product.




LOOK by BIPA Matte Camouflage Concealer 
Coverage: Medium-full
Finish: Matte
Quantity:  7 ml
Price: €3.25 in Bipa
My Shade: 010
This is the only high coverage concealer on this list, though Essence one next doesn't cover much less. It doesn't differ as lot from other high coverage formulas like Collection Lasting Perfection, Catrice Liquid Coverage (this one is thinnest), The Saem and others (apart from L'Oreal Infallible which looks terrible on me), but the shade fits me best. It's so far the most neutral such shade I've found, though still leaning to pink, but it suits me better than Collection's cool undertone or Catrice Liquid Camouflage's very yellow tone. Coverage is high, but it's not super matte like L'Oreal Infallible, so I can use it under eyes and not just on spots, but I only use a dot of product under the eyes otherwise I feel like it's too heavy. Staying power is also equally impressive as at other similar formulas. The Saem Cover Perfection Tip Concealer has a higher coverage than this and I like it a lot, but unfortunately lightest shade is a bit too dark for me. 




ESSENCE Camouflage+ Healthy Glow Concealer 
Coverage: Medium-full
Finish: Matte
Quantity: 5 ml
Price: €2.99 in Müller/DM/Ličila.si a.k.a Pink Panda | £2.80 on Wilko | €2.68 on Kosmetik4less.de
My Shade: 10 light ivory
This grew so much on me over the years and  I've just recently repurchased it. I originally just banded it together with the rest of the medium-high coverage crowd, but it is nicer on the skin than those (their matte version however, might be the same as those). Camouflage + Healthy Glow has got enough coverage for spots and redness, but the formula is not so dry matte like Catrice's famous Liquid Camouflage, so it's a formula that I've used plenty of times all over the face when I was pressed for time and it never looked ugly cakey. It wears nicely, doesn't oxidise nor crease, plus the shade is pale enough for me, though they only have two colours and both are light, which is not cool on the part of Essence (matte version has more shades). It's also so easily accessible to me in my local drugstores, so it wins over Look by Bipa. 



Have a great day!

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. The Eraser one from Maybelline have been my fav for few years . I have not tried the others but as I am wearing less make up now ( I am more of a foundation, mascara, bronzer and lippy girl now I ditched everything else in between) I am not sure if I come around to try them.

    Great reviews and pictures.

    http://www.mariesconnections.com/

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I'm one of those who tends to wear either just foundation or just concealer. Maybelline is the easiest to use.

      Thank you :)

      Izbriši
  2. Meni pa nikakor ni všeč korektor od Bronxa. Sem ob prvem poskusu ugotovila, da pač nisem za slabše pigmentirane korektorje. Podlage ok, korektor pa imam rada samo zelo prekriven in potem sama doziram ali ga bom nanesla na tanko ali na debelo. Mislim, da tudi odtenek ni zame, ker je preveč peachy-pink.

    Za Bipo se strinjam - je en izmed mojih najljubših. Odtenek je res presenetljivo nevtralen in meni najbolj paše pozimi.

    Maybelline je pa res taka formula, da bo večini všeč. Kljub formuli se mi je zdel kar dobro prekriven. Samo ni se vedno nosil tako lepo kot bolj sodobne formulacije. Za podlago bi bil perkeften zame :).

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Škoda, meni je pa od bronx res super :) Sicer jaz res ne maram tistega fejk videza korektorja in podlag, ki je pri vse bolj prekrivnih formulah in mam veliko raje take korektorje, pa tudi če niso 100% prekrivni. Bipa mi je še najljubši, ampak ga redko uporabljam :).

      Izbriši

TRANSLATE