Bourjois Rouge Velvet Ink 08 Coquelic'Hot

petek, januar 15, 2021



These are Bourjois' second liquid matte lipsticks. I have several of their Rouge Edition Velvets, which were one of the first matte liquid lipsticks I've tried and they are quite different from these, which are a lot more like formulas most other brands have. So if didn't like how long it takes for REV to set matte, then you might like these more. 


Texture: These have a more creamy-liquid formula than REV which are like a mousse, so they are like most liquid lipsticks on the market. They dry much quicker to a matte finish, within the first few minutes and have a proper matte dry-to-the-touch finish. Pigmentation (of this shade) is not the best, as the first layer is on the sheer side and it can look uneven, so I need to apply two layers for a fully opaque finish. Due to that this feels like a layer of product on the lips, like dried paint, so comparable to Maybelline's Super Stay Matte Inks or Colourpop's Ultra Mattes, but that feeling goes away in about a half an hour and then I just forget this is on my lips. Still I don't think this formula is that nice for lips that tend to get dry a lot during the day, but I can't say for sure.


Shade: 08 Coquelic'Hot is an orange red, something like Mac's Lady Danger or Wet n Wild .


Staying power: It doesn't last all day, but it usually survives at least one meal. 

Packaging: is super pretty and it instantly caught attention on my vanity. The applicator isn't the softest and it's thin for my liking.


Price and availability: These are 12.99 € in drugstores.

This shade is the last I'd pick for myself, but I'm not complaining, since I get to try the formula and see if it's worth buying the shade I want. So will I? I'm not so sure anymore. It's pretty, but there are better formulas for the price, by better I mean more pigmented, so I don't have to apply two layers. I'll go check that shade again that I want  (01) and if it's really pretty enough, so that I would wear it all the time, then yes. But only if it has a significant discount. I actually repurchased one of their Rouge Edition Velvets before buying one of this, I got Nude-ist again, which is one of my all-time favourite shades.

Have a great day!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I used to love Nude-ist! It's such a shame that Bourjois has disappeared out of the UK because this shade looks gorgeous!

    Katie | katieemmabeauty.com

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I heard Bourjois pulled out of UK. But I guess you can still get it online :)

      Izbriši

TRANSLATE