January Favourites

nedelja, januar 31, 2021


So far this is my favourite lip balm, or better said lip treatment, out of the ones available in drugstores or supermarkets here (not that I tried than many). I don't love it as much as Palmer's Swivel Stick or Laneige Sleeping Mask, but it's close. It's very light, like a lotion, so it doesn't give immediate relief to dry lips like Palmer's does, but it fixes the lips overnight so well that I consider it pretty much as good as Laneige. Packaging is a bit different than usual with a pump and this feels more like a face serum, so you'd never expect it to be an intense treatment, but it works. By the way I found this through reviews on Amazon and it's very high rated. 

Revlon makes some great neutral, easy-to-wear shades and this is their blush version of it. It's a muted pink with some peachy-brown tones that reminds me of my old Catrice's discontinued favourites I haven't been able to repurchase, except this is even prettier. Formula is super pigmented and smooth so I can blend it out easily. 


I love this colour, it's one of  the closest my-lips-but-better shades. Formula is semi-opaque, creamy and comfortable with a creamy-shiny finish, so it doesn't last long on the lips like their matte version does, but it's pleasant to wear if you have dry lips. 

I like everything at this lipstick: the shade and the formula. It's a good matte lip colour that applies smoothly and doesn't feel drying, while the colour suits my taste perfectly, as it's natural looking muted pink. 

I'm not the biggest fan of the colour, at least when applied fully opaque, but I like this for the formula, which is so comfortable. It's one of those lipsticks I have at the top of my drawer that I grab when my lips are dry and I also enjoy the soft sponge applicator.


My triple toner combo that I've been using every day for quite a while now. CORX Galactomyces essence helps with the texture of my skin, Cezanne lotion is light hydrating goodness packed with ceramides, hyaluronic acid, amino acids + more, while Pixi Retinol toner contains a small amount of retinol, peptides and vitamin C so it's the anti-ageing part of my routine. All are light, simple products that I can easily include in any combination of skin care routine and form the core of my routine, so if some newly introduced product doesn't fit me I scale back to this trio + Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse. I have repurchased all three, COSRX several times by now. 


I use this more often when I'm not wearing makeup though I originally bought it as a glowy setting spray. It gives a dewy glow on bare skin, which is pretty strong at first, kind of "glass skin trend" like, which already verges on too much shine, but in these gloomy days I feel my skin need this or I just look tired and drained. It doesn't last longer than an hour on my dry skin, but I like misting this during the day since my skin is drier than usual. This has great ingredients: olive oil, propolis, niacinamide, argan oil, hyaluronic acid and so much more. The only thing I don’t like about this one is the natural scent, which closest to olive oil with herb extracts (it's fragrance free, but full of essential oils).  


L'OCCITANE Almond Shower Oil
I found this hiding somewhere in my stash. I used to repurchase the full size or refills regularly, but it's been a while now, since this is very expensive. It's hand down the best shower oil I've tried, all those drugstore ones are so thin compared to this, while this develops into such a thick milky emulsion. It also smells amazing. I'm tempted to treat myself to a new bottle and I'd love to try the two new ones, Shea and Terre de Lumière Intense.

I recently used this up and I'm now using the winter LE Warm Vanilla. This one is thicker than Warm Vanilla, though both are excellent for dry skin and TBS body butters have been my favourites for so many years. Apart from the discontinued Vineyard Peach, Shea is my favourite scent because it's the most neutral. It's a creamy, clean slightly nutty scent, so for most maybe a boring classic, but I like scents like that. When I use up Warm Vanilla, I'm repurchasing this again. 


This is just as good as the shampoo, actually even more intense as you can leave it for longer on the hair. The purple-blue pigments in this are very strong, stronger than in most other purple masks, which suits my not-super-light blonde hair. In terms of nourishing effect it's not amazing, but it's good enough. 

CREATEURS DE MONOI Body, Face and Hair Oil
My favourite silicone-free, classic oil. It's been saving my hair after I used a mask that wasn't nourishing enough for me (Ikoo), as it's a type of oil that isn't too heavy and I can use it every day, not just as a pre-wash treatment. It's a combination of coconut, monoi and jojoba oil, so a great mix for hair care. 


Such a nice, fresh every day scent. It's kind of unisex to me, but not in a sense that it's a bit masculine, but that it's not typically feminine or even perfumey. It's a musky apple scent that remind me of autumn-winter. 

Have a great day!

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Cezanne je tudi pri meni zdaj v redni uporabi. Retinol in ogrevanje delajo svoje, tako da tega včasih nanesem kar v večih plasteh. Všeč mi je, da je vlažilen ampak res lahek na koži.

    Revlonov blush je čudovit. Vedno bolj mi je podoben H&M Cameo Pink :D.

    Blistexov serum sem že opazila pri tebi in sem ga zadnjič videla v dmu, ampak dvomim, da bi za moje ustnice naredil kakšno občutno spremembo. Jaz sem zdaj že na Bepanthen navajena. Več noben lip balm ne pomaga :D.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Cezanne je res vsestranski. Jaz sem ga začela uporabljat še po nogah zjutraj, ker imam kar vidno dehidrirano kožo.

      Ja, meni se tudi zdi, da je verjetno zelo podoben Cameo Pink.

      Kaj pa veš, morda pa bi :) Kupila sem ga zaradi odličnih ocen, ker nekateri pravijo, da jim ni nič pomagalo dokler niso našli Blistex serum. Meni je kul, sem pa opazila, da imam lahko vidno čisto izsušene ustnice, kot bi hodila po Sahari, pa sploh ne čutim nobenega neudobja in kar pozabim nanašat labele, čeprav bi morala. Blistex v glavnem pomaga takrat ko so vidno mega suhe.

      Izbriši
  2. I have heard of blogs and kind of know what they are. My question is what do you write on a blog, like stuff thats on your mind or just whatever? And what websites can i logon to to start blogs?.

    OdgovoriIzbriši

TRANSLATE