May Favourites and Updates

ponedeljek, maj 31, 2021


One of the best mascaras I've tried so far, though it is a regular formula and it of course doesn't hold my lashes curled like a waterproof one, but it makes them look pretty. Mine grow criss-cross, so even if a mascara is defining, it often can't fan them out nicely and there are still visible slits after application, but this one sets them in their place, every lash is defined, with more coats it doesn't start to stick them together, it gives a lot of length and volume. This formula leaves the lashes still soft even with two-three coats. I'd love to have a waterproof formula, I have the Volumazing one, which is great, but I like the brush on this one more. It also claims to tint the lashes black with frequent use, which might be interesting to blondes.

PUPA Vamp! Mascaras
I have this in three colours: black, dark green and blue (I only put one on the picture, but I posted about these on IG Stories). This formula is pretty much identical to Revlon So Fierce. I wore each on one eye and I couldn't tell them apart. At the end of the day this one was harder to get off completely and I woke up with a panda eye, but that's the only difference. It makes my lashes look nicely fanned out, longer and volumised. It also isn't terrible at holding my lashes up, but I still want to get the waterproof version one day when I'm in DM. It's quite expensive, but it's just so good when it comes to making my lashes look neat and unlike the Revlon one I can get the waterproof version in my local drugstore. Since my lashes are dark, coloured mascaras don't look as impressive on me as on blonde and other light haired people, but the blue one shows up ok. 


I got this a while ago and because the shade didn't turn out quite like I pictured it, I kept it my drawer and mostly used other stuff. I changed my mind about the colour or I just needed to hear from someone that this shade looks good on me. It's one of those shades that is great for cheating more perfectly shaped and plumper lips. It's a natural muted peachy-pink and slightly overdrawing with this one doesn't looks too obvious on my pale neutral skin tone, so I'm going to start picking this one up more. I'm a fan of these because the formula is so smooth, nicely matte and the shape makes it a great lipstick + lip liner in one, especially since it has a sharpener in the back. We finally got this shade in DM, but when I was buying it I was making a blind buy online.

PUPA Vamp! Scented Nail Polish Gel Effect
104 & 302
Glad to see that the scented nail polishes trend didn't die out, though I've only ever tried Revlon ones, which are already discontinued. I love the shades of the two I got, they are so my colours. Most nail polishes work ok on me, by that I mean last well, so the main thing I focus on is the colour. 104 is a great nude with some peachy-pink tones and 302 is a warm pink-purple, similar to an Essence shade I loved called Very Berry which was discontinued a years ago. Formulas are described as gel, but 104 still needs two coats for an even finish, while 302 is a great one-coater. These are scented and I can detect it well when the nails are close to my nose, which is the same as with the discontinued Revlon nail polishes - it lasts about a day, after it's very faint. 302 smells similar to Lancome La Vie est Belle, so a sweet vanilla patchouli scent and 104 is this lovely vanilla powdery floral that I just love and I can't stop smelling my nails when it's on. 


IT'S SKIN Power 10 Formula Propolis
I almost can't believe I lived to see a K-Beauty propolis serum in my local drugstore. I've been planning to buy a new bottle of any propolis product because they work so well with my skin. I used to have LEE JIHAM DR.'s Care Vita-Propolis Ampoule, which once "fixed" my skin within three or four uses, but those bottles are 15 ml and I have to order them from Asia, which for a long time was not just super slow, but now it's also expensive with shipping. This cost so much here, but it was worth it. Within a week or so, my skin looked a lot heathier. Propolis stuff tends to give my skin that healthy glow and it helps it look more even. This one can't keep my skin clear like LJH, but it's ok, hormones did their work this month and now it's fine again. This has honey extract first on the list, then propolis and it also has niacinamide and a couple of extracts - it's not as nice as a lot of other propolis serums, but good enough. It's got a bit of a slip to it and a medium thick serum texture that feels nicely hydrating on my skin. I also love the scent, even though it's not honey, but it's a nice skin care one.


SCHWARZKOPF GLISS 7 Sec Express Repair Treatment
Ultimate Repair and Oil Nutritive
Expectations were low for this line of products, not because I heard anything bad about these, the opposite actually, but when it comes to my hair 7 seconds is very far away from the time I usually leave a conditioner to work if I want a decent effect and also Gliss and my hair don't really get along that well. And yet, this is surprisingly good. It's annoying to use because it's a liquid and then you need to emulsify it, so application takes longer than with a standard conditioner, but it really works very fast. It just deposits what it needs on the hair instantly and you can rinse it off. It's a bit liberating to a girl like me, not wasting an hour just to do the shampoo + conditioner business, not to mention the drying time. The visual effect is not like they promise in those before/after pictures, since my hair still has frizz, but it dries with less "halo volume", which I get with cheap conditioners. Since my hair is very long and thick, I need 40 ml at once, so one bottle won't last me that long if I'd plan to use it very regularly, but knowing myself I won't because I mix my stash a lot. Ultimate and Oil versions work the same on my hair.  

MOROCCANOIL All in One Leave-in Conditioner
This is the best leave-in conditioner I’ve tried. I have a bunch of leave-in conditioners that don’t do much, but I use them for ingredients (hydration, proteins, aminoacids, bond repair) and honestly I didn't expected a lot from this, again I just wanted for the ingredients, but this one makes a difference. I especially see the difference now that I've used my other stash when I was trying the Gliss treatment to see how it performs on its own and I see now how much this conditioner does. I also used with a conditioner that isn’t that good on its own and this helped make my hair softer to the touch, the ends were nicely hydrated (the promised 72h), it protects against heat and it has proteins + amino acids, so it really is all in one. Well almost, the only thing that is doesn’t do is tame my frizz, but that is a job for the heavy hitters like Moroccanoils Smoothing Concentrate in combination with L’Oreal Liss leave-in. Moroccanoil stuff tends to work really great for me and this is another winner. I really love this one.

UPDATES


New sunscreens in my stash.

GARNIER Ambre Solaire Anti-Age Super UV SPF 50
I talked about this one in a New in. Now that I've been using it for a while I have found a pet peeve, namely it peels when I put makeup on top with a brush. I mostly use those sponges that you get in cushion foundations that tap the product in, so I didn't notice this problem at first, but with a brush this turned out to be messier (keep in mind I apply a lot and in a thin coat that problem isn't present). Otherwise I still like this formula, not as much as the fluid, but ingredients of this one are nicer (alcohol free, has niacinamide and hyaluronic acid). It has regular cream texture that's similar to a moisturiser for dry skin and there is sunscreen shine at this one, yet on my dry skin it doesn't look bad (it's also not present in a smaller amount that probably a lot of people use, so not the "recommended amount"). This is a sunscreen that normal-dry skin will handle well, but for those with any oil, fluid is lighter (not saying though it will 100% work for you because I don't know).

FILORGA UV-Bronze Face Anti-ageing Sun Fluid
I got this recently from Beauty Pharmacy. It's lighter than Garnier and doesn't peel, so currently I like it more, but this one is strongly scented, so not for everyone. It has niacinamide just like Garnier, as well as squalane. It's a light lotion-cream texture that doesn’t feel greasy on me (it’s most similar to A’Pieu that I finished already). It applies easily with no white cast or streaks and it has this wonderful honey-floral scent. Makeup goes over it with no problems, there's no extra shine, though it’s not matte, it's just not much “sunscreen shiny” on my skin and at the end of the day my makeup is still on (skin is by then matte, since it’s dry). It's expensive, but a nice one, yet Garnier fluid is still lighter.

URIAGE Eau Thermale Bariésun Dry Mist
Another one I got from Beauty Pharmacy. Last year I became fond of sunscreens in a spray, since they are so quick to apply and I can use them to reapply sun protection, even over makeup. This one isn't technically meant to be applied on the face by using the spray, they suggest you spray it on the hand and apply it, but I've tried it over makeup anyway. Uriage actually has a another spray that is designed to be used as needed during the day, but they only have an SPF 30 version (which is fine, I just tend to spend a long time in the sun some days and I like to be safe). This is light, I barely need to rub it in on the body, but I do on the face. It stays a little bit greasy on the skin with a shine, but it’s not sticky nor white. I’ve worn it on the face and it’s ok to me (dry skin). Makeup goes over it ok and when I reapplied it over makeup, it gives a shine and it creases my eyeshadows, so for a matte look a powder is necessary (Maybelline Fit Me works well for me). I need to avoid my eyes/lashes as it makes them greasy and makes my glasses dirty, but it doesn’t make my vision foggy.

Have a great day!

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Revlonova maskara se bere zanimivo. Nisem nikoli preizkušala njihovih, tako da nimam pojma kako bi mi bila všeč.

    Je kar zanimivo koliko korejske negovalne kozmetike dobivamo. Za naš trg je to že preveč :D haha. Ampak jaz še vedno čakam, ko bo Missha, COSRX in podobno možno kupit v DM-u, ne samo preko spleta.

    Jaz sem pa vključila med favorite tretjo verzijo od Glissa in sicer tisto za pobarvane lase. Mi je všeč, čeprav ne bom rekla, da je revolucionarno. Meni deluje tako kot si ti enkrat opisala, maska za lase, ki pa je ne rabiš imet dolgo na laseh. V primerjavi z L'Oreal je tekstura veliko manj tekoča pa tudi moji lasje niso čisto polizani po njej, kar je dobro in slabo. Odvisno kakšen look želim :).

    Mene je sedaj navdušil Uriage Bariesun Ultra Light Fluid SPF 50+. Ima zelo tekočo formulo, kar mi je všeč, ker se res z lahkoto razmaže. Najbolj mi je pa všeč, da nima alkohola in ni parfumirana. Vse kar druge imajo - LRP in Garnier. Čeprav ni tako mat kot ti dve. Enkrat sem imela nek SPF za telo v spraju in je res odlično. Tako enostavno za nanos. Se pa kar hitro porabi, kar me potem odbija od nakupa.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Od treh ki sem jih preizkusila od Revlona, so mi bile vse všeč. Samo niso pa vse dobro ocenjene na netu.

      Fino je, da dobivamo azijsko kozmetiko. Naše drogerije morajo nujno razširit oddelke z nego obraza, ker je večinoma preveč basic, kar pa ljudi ne zanima več.

      Sem videla, da si vzela Colour. Imam nekako občutek, da so vse tri približno iste. Ok za hitro nego. Mja, L'Oreal pa ne vem kaj štrajka. In zakaj ni 8 sec na Notino, če je že v Evropi. Mi je že skoraj vseeno, če sploh dobim kdaj za sprobat, itak mi bo verjetno brezveze.

      Imam ta Uriage Fluid in mi je ok, ampak ne najljubša. Se mi zdi zelo zanesljiva zaščita, ker ima tisti malo oljnat občutek na koži in vem, da ostane gor cel dan, ampak se moram izogibat oči, ker so se mi cel dan solzile z njo. Spray je pa super, tako enostaven in dobro zaščiti če sem cel dan na soncu. Ne vem pa koliko bo zdržal.

      Izbriši

TRANSLATE