Bourjois Healthy Mix

četrtek, september 07, 2023



Healthy Mix Radiant Foundation (2023)
50C and 56W

Healthy Mix is an old favourite of mine. It's a foundation I could always rely on it looking good not matter the condition of my skin. My only complaint was the lightest shades weren't a great match for me, as neither 50 nor 50.5 are as light as for example Maybelline's Fit Me shades. They recently changed the packaging and the numbering system, and I thought that was it, but it turns out they updated the formula as well.


 I've worn both the old version and the new one side by side and the new one thicker, it's has a lot more shine, in fact it's verging on greasy-looking (tested in the summer) and it doesn't set. The old one had that perfect level of glow, so it's a shame they felt the need to change that. I can deal with this change, since my skin is normal-dry and most foundations turn matte on me in time (this one is getting less shiny on my skin since it's already cooler outside), but those that considered this their winter foundation and have combination skin, may feel disappointed. I've certainly read enough complaints about the new formula on Bourjois's website. It still looks good on the skin, perhaps for a while less natural as it's very glowy in the summer, so it's more like you'd apply a shiny moisturiser (when I tested them side by side in hot summer the difference in finish was very noticeable). It's still one of those foundations that doesn't look like heavy makeup and blends into the skin seamlessly. 

Before/after of the old formula from a review. New has the same level of coverage:

It still has the same fruity scent and staying power is the same, which was never impressive without some help from other makeup (primer and/or powder and/or setting spray). 

I see there is a new shade 49.5N, which might be the light shade I was waiting for. 50.5 still exists with the added N, I'm guessing for neutral. Sadly I don't have the old shade 50 to compare it with the new 50C. I got another deep shade 56W, which probably corresponds to the 56 shade in the old packaging.  


Healthy Mix Hydrating Primer


This makes many claims from blurring imperfections to nourishing, hydrating, illuminating, prolonging the staying power of makeup and acting as skin care with an antioxidant complex of vitamins C, E and B5. It's also vegan and has 88% of ingredients of natural origin. It's a type of an illuminating primer and originally I thought it's just a bland basic hydrating formula, but a lot more interesting. 


Formula is a thin, liquid formula in a sort of a light grey shade - it's completely clear on the skin. There no big visible shimmer in it, yet it leaves a lovely glow on the skin. Even after the primer becomes dry to the touch, the skin has that shine. I have no idea how they managed that or I'm just not seeing the shimmer because it's so fine. It start of slightly sticky, but then sets to a dry-to-the touch finish. Currently I'm sporting shiny SPFs, so I don't need such a primer in my routine, but it may be very handy in colder months to add some life to matte-looking dry skin. There's no blurring at this formula and I don't find it particularly smoothing, so it just adds a glow while leaving the texture and skin tone like it is. 

Left with primer and right without.

It contains a small amount of panthenol (B5), vitamin E, vitamin C (Ascorbyl Glucoside), a weak version of vitamin A (Retinyl Palmitate), hyaluronic acid and some extracts. It has a typical Healthy Mix fruity scent.

Aqua/Water/Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Magnesium Sulfate, Lauryl Peg-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum/Fragrance, Caprylyl Glycol, Talc, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Lecithin, Punica Granatum Fruit Juice, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Juice, Retinyl Palmitate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Glycerin, Sorbic Acid, Dipropylene Glycol, Tocopherol, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, BHT, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Butylene Glycol, Sapphire Powder, Palmaria Palmata Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hexylene Glycol, [May contain +/-: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)]


Healthy Mix Anti-fatigue Concealer
52

This concealer has been around for a while, but I never tried, so I'm not sure if they changed this formula too. I was a big fan of the 123 Perfect CC Eye Cream and Radiance Reveal concealers, but the discontinued them. Sadly, I couldn't test Healthy Mix one properly because shade 52 is too dark for me. 


I can't really say what the coverage is because of the depth of the shade, but maybe about medium, I don't think it's full coverage. It is an thick concealer for a Bourjois formula and it thicker than the foundation. Blending takes a bit longer, but it still melts into the skin on the edges. Finish is glowy and this is a moisturising formula suitable for dry skin. It doesn't feel as nice as Radiance Reveal, as it's thicker, but it's comparable to popular matte concealers. It's kind of like Milani's Conceal + Perfect concealer, except it's glowy and moisturising instead of matte. I saw the lightest shade is 51 and I have a feeling it's also too dark for me - in any case I find the formula thick for my liking.  


Healthy Mix Naturally Radiant Powder
04 Golden Beige

This powder is more described as a powder foundation as it mentions medium coverage. It claims it has a luminous matte finish and anti-fatigue blurring capabilities. I always wanted to try this, since I saw someone praising it in her empties, but sadly this is again in a shade much too dark for me, it's basically a bronzer. It makes me look so unevenly tanned, so I can't wear this. It does have a sort of a luminous matte finish, as it takes away a lot of the shine from SPFs and foundations (I don't have oily skin) and there is still some glow left.  In a thin coat it doesn't take away much of the shine from the very shiny Healthy Mix foundation and concealer combination, so yes, it leaves the skin naturally radiant. Applied with a sponge, it takes most of the shine off and doesn't look flat, but it did make my foundation look flaky when looked up close on my chin. Based on how tanned it makes me look and swatching, it looks like it has some coverage, but again I can't really test these dark shades properly.


Like Physicians Formula packaging, this one has a bottom compartment with a sponge and a mirror. 




Healthy Mix Lengthen & Lift Mascara

I never expected Bourjois would expand the Healthy Mix line into mascaras. I said in my first impression that I feel this mascara needs some time to become thicker and better, as when freshly applied the formula was awfully thin and it only managed to add some length. I was right and it became considerably better in two weeks. Formula thickened and now it's a wonderfully volumising formula, comparable to Pupa's and it's easier to fan out the lashes as well. 


Even though it adds a great amount of volume and looks good before my lashes drop, I just don't like it because it's a greasy formula and my glasses are constantly smudgy when I wear it - this problem (likely) won't affect you, so ignore it, but I just can't deal with this formula. Lashes stay reasonably soft with several coats of mascara. 


Healthy Mix Nail Polish
125 Very-generose and 300 Greant'Ddictive


These two have such different formulas for the same line. 

The light pink 125 is a thick, but sheer shade with first coat and opaque with a third. It's a beautiful shade that reminds me of a better Essie Fiji. It lasted a normal amount on my nails, comparable to other brands (everything lasts over a weeks on me). 

300 is opaque in one coat, a lovely gel-like smooth formula. Shade is a marsala brown-rosy red


Have a great day!


*PR products - obviously, otherwise I'd have matching shades. I hope reviews are still helpful.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

TRANSLATE