Max Factor Radiant Lift Foundation

sreda, april 17, 2019


Radiant Lift is Max Factor's latest foundation that promises a radiant finish and all day hydration. I was sent two of the darkest shades we have in our drugstores, which I couldn't test, but since there was some interest expressed on my Instagram about how I like this formula, I went to the drugstore and got myself a sample of shade 45, the lightest available here. The latter is again much too dark for me, but I can at least lighten it with The Body Shop Drops - something I couldn't do with the other two shades. It's worth mentioning that this exists in 18 shades, but I guess our market (and surprisingly German too I hear) isn't worthy of the lightest shades. Rant aside I like this formula and if a pale enough shade exists and it didn't break me out, I'd definitely be adding this to my collection.


Texture: Formula is creamy and not very liquid, but I had no issues blending this and it works with all methods. It’s one of the nicest foundations on the skin I’ve tried so far, it reminds me of Milani’s Conceal + Perfect in how well it looks and wears. It doesn’t slip into lines or pores and doesn’t go cakey. Unfortunately it appears this formula breaks me out, which is a shame, but obviously, this a problem specific to my skin and don't think the same will happen to most of you.


Coverage and finish: Coverage is a good medium. It covers enough for me, but some extra concealer is needed on dark circles and spots as is usual for most such foundations. Finish is somewhat satin, but it does have this non-dewy/wet glow that isn’t sparkly or super strong despite the gold shimmer in the formula.


Shade: I have three shades to compare, on the pictures I'm wearing 45 Warm Almond mixed with TBS Adjusting Drops. 45 is a light-medium shade with quite an orange tone to it, which is especially apparent when you compare it to Catrice's HD Liquid Foundation 010. 75 Golden Honey is quite a deep medium shade with a strong yellow tone and 79 Honey Beige is even darker with a much more neutral undertone. Shade selection in Slovenia is absolutely terrible with only 5 medium toned colours and as I said 18 in total exist shades. Why they didn't include something lighter, I don't know and don’t really care, as by now there’s enough good competition that I can simply buy a foundation from another brand (like Milani's Conceal + Perfect which is cheaper and comes in a perfect shade for me). 

Staying Power: This is another one of those foundations that fades nicely on the skin. I haven't noticed any patchiness or dryness (my skin is normal-dry at the moment). The promise is for all day hydration which I think stands, since my skin didn't get drier with this, while in terms of how well it stays on the skin, on me it's quite good, at least 8h+.

Scent: This is one of the most fragranced foundations which can be a problem for some. It's got a strong orange medicine scent.


Packaging: I'm a fan of the packaging. It's a nice glass bottle with a pump which works as it should. Overall it's a pretty looking foundation.

Price and availability: These are available in most drugstores. The price in Slovenia is 15.39 € (Müller).


This is worth checking out if you're looking for a nice drugstore foundation, but be aware that the shade range is poor here. It's a good medium coverage foundation with a natural finish and a formula that's doesn't emphasise pores or lines. Such s shame it breaks me out and about the shade range.

Have a great day!

*PR product

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. mrzim sto ima mirisa ali jel ovaj oil free?

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Da, je oil free.

      Ovo su sastojci:
      Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua/Water/Eau, Talc, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Phenylbenzimidazole Sulfonic Acid, Zinc Oxide, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, PVP, Bismuth Oxychloride, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Sodium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Hydroxide, Synthetic Beeswax, Trihydroxystearin, Methicone, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Silica, Sodium Benzoate, Pentylene Glycol, Acrylonitrile/Methyl Methacrylate/Vinylidene Chloride Copolymer, Synthetic Wax, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Niacinamide, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Parfum/ Fragrance, Ethylene Brassylate, Polyethylene, Citric Acid, Fructose, Urea, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Allantoin, Maltose, Sodium Lactate, Sodium PCA , Trehalose, Benzyl Benzoate, Citronellol, Linalool, Glucose, Sodium Hyaluronate, BHT, Tin Oxide, May Contain/Peut Contenir/ +/-:Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Mica.

      Izbriši

TRANSLATE