July Favourites & Wishlist

sobota, julij 31, 2021


Still one of my favourite foundations and one of those that works for me no matter the season or condition of my skin. It's a natural looking formula that doesn't looks makeup-y, nor does it emphasise uneven texture, dry patches, big pores or lines, but that's on my normal-dry skin, I don't know how it works on an oily one. It evens out the complexion and creates a healthy looking finish. I really need to go get that shade 50,5 I've been meaning to.  

I rave about Essence I <3 Extremes a lot, but I've had this mascara for a while now and I think I like it more, at least that's how I felt when I picked up Essence's mascara after a while and seen how they compare. Revlon's brush is more manageable because it's smaller, it builds up the volume quicker and the formula doesn't feel as drying for the lashes as Essence. The latter is still cheaper and kinda wins because of that, but Revlon's is such a nice formula and their Big Bad Lash too.   

My favourite neutral-nude matte blush that goes with everything and just defines the cheeks. Revlon's blushes are some of the most pigmented I've tried, yet the formula is so smooth that they blend out much nicer than other intense blushes. 


Love this shade. It's just a wonderful nude that defines the lips and doesn't look like too much. Formula is smooth and can easily be applied all over the lips. I have a backup pencil in my bag, so this is the shade I always have with me.

My favourite natural shade in lipstick form in my collection. It's a great my-lip-but-better shade that has a smooth, non-drying matte formula.


This finally got its chance to be tested on a spot and I liked the results. It wasn't miraculous, but that rather large blemish started to get smaller and dry out much quicker than if I just left it alone. I use this as a face mask and leave it on for a brief TV episode of something (it says 10 minutes, but there's nothing in the formula that should be washed off fast). It has plenty of niacinamide and some salicylic acid, plus it's transparent when on the face.

My most worn SPF this summer. I pick it instead of Garnier a bit more often because it's alcohol free, but it's obviously not as light. On my dry skin it's not overly shiny and especially appreciate It doesn't peel, like Garnier Anti-Age Super UV SPF 50 (in a tube with hyaluronic acid and niacinamide), which means I can wear makeup over it with no problems. It never fails to protect me well and I can apply a larger amount of it on the face. It's strongly scented, which I personally enjoy.

The lightest sunscreen I've found in our drugstores, I raved about this last year and I'm still using it. It's a very liquid lotion that can be applied in a large amount and layered if desired, it doesn't peel and makeup goes over it well. It's full of alcohol, which doesn't suit everyone, but I use hydrating skin care under it and it hasn't proven to be drying long-term.


These two are almost a miracle in my extensive collection of hair products, but they only work perfectly together, while individually I don't get such great results. They are the only products that get me a smooth blow-out. My hair has always been a challenge when it came to a smooth finish and these two can do it without that "styling cream feeling", so no stickiness, heaviness and a lot more importantly to me, they don't tangle my hair (it's still easy to comb it without the brush ripping/breaking hair), so I don't have to save the situation with a ton of La Croa spray. One big minus - for some reason it takes so much longer for my hair to dry with these two. It took me an hour to do a blow out, so about twice as long as usual, but it's the only thing that works. 


Hair Saviours
I have a routine of getting my hair kind of back to shape, but more to prevent excessive damage after I colour my hair, which I just did a month ago, so in June these are the marvellous products I was using. First wash after colouring I use JOICO K-PAK Deep Penetrating Reconstructor and Intense Hydrator. They are the two products that make such a difference when my hair is feeling extra coarse and after I use these, every other product, especially hydrating masks work so much better. Next week I do an Olaplex day. I apply a ton of coconut oil the night before, wash my hair in the morning, leave it to air dry completely and then apply n.0 with n.3 on top. I then wear a shower cap all day to prevent it drying out, leave it to work and wash my hair in the evening, apply n.5 conditioner with some extra Lazartigue Repair mask for moisture, again leave it for a while and after I wash it off. After I use n.6 cream and n.7 oil on damp and dry hair. It sounds like a lot, but it really fixes my hair into a lot more soft and manageable. Another star is Moroccanoil Restorative Hair Mask, which is a great protein + nourishing mask that works well for me. I forgot to add Matrix Total Result The Re-Bond line, which is also fantastic and I use it when my hair needs extra care. Currently I can't abide drugstore (Cantu & Pantene are excluded), I stupidly used it the last time I washed my hair and my hair was a tangled mess (La Croa spray saved the situation), so I'm sticking to these heroes (and I still plan to get Kerastase).  


CATRICE Grip & Last Putty Primer - there's already a new set of Catrice products coming soon, this is one of them (the rest you can see here on Muller's website and what's being discontinued). I never got round to trying the famous E.L.F. Putty, since it's not in our drugstores. I'm interested in giving Catrice's version a go.

CATRICE Super Boost Lash & Brow Serum - I saw a peptide in the formula, Biotinoyl Tripeptide-1, that has shown some results in terms of hair growth in vitro. Might be promising. 

CATRICE Lash Separator - Something I've needed for a while. I use old mascara wands because I can't find my old plastic comb. This one looks nicer.

ERBORIAN CC Dull Correct - a purple cream that transforms into a skin tone shade. The purple tone apparently evens out the skin tone, so colour corrects and brightens, but I've only seen before-after on mostly darker skins than mine. I'm not sure about this one, I'd like to test it on skin first because such "fits all skin tones" shades tend to turn out too dark for my pale skin. Even the small size is expensive, so I don't want to make a miss purchase.   

BALEA Hydrogel Augen Pads - these are new. Full of glycerine, caffeine, hyaluronic acid, cactus water and red algae powder. I want some hydrogel pads to relax my eyes and these look interesting. 

HADA LABO TOKYO Premium Express Glow Anti-stress Mask - new in DM. It has tranexamic acid as the first ingredient before water, the former is allegedly very brightening and fades dark spots when used in skin care (it's otherwise used in medicine for other purposes).

LAB SYSTEM Enzymatisches Pflege Peeling - new in Műller and I think we have it here, since they put it on our FB site. It's an enzyme peeling for the scalp, something I never had and I'd love to try one. It's meant for greasy scalp, but I'd like to see if it can make my scalp clearer than just shampooing.

NIVEA Q10 Multi Power 7 in 1 - new product by Nivea. It's not that special, but I like that Q10 is high on the list. I have good experience with Nivea's body skin care stuff. Their body lotions are the only ones that have a more long term results. 

SEBASTIAN PROFESSIONAL No Breaker Hybrid Bonding and Styling Leave-in Spray - another one in a line of bond building products, this one is a leave-in that acts also as a hair spray. It has malic acid on the list, like Matrix Re-Bond stuff, so I'm interested.  

Have a great day!

You Might Also Like

3 comments

TRANSLATE