January favourites, updates and wishlist

ponedeljek, januar 31, 2022


One of the best formulas for my skin. It's natural, fresh and has medium coverage, which is enough for me. My skin is dry, so obviously I love such formulas that don't look matte. I'm currently using my old bottle which is in the shade 50 and recently bought the new shade 50,5. 

This is my go-to especially for winter because it's a nicely hydrating foundation, similarly to Healthy Mix looks natural on the skin and has light-medium coverage. It's not a heavy or greasy type of foundation, but I still find suits me best when my skin is dry. Oriflame has some of the best foundations I've tried, though sadly this was the only one in a matching shade, and yet no one talks about them. 


Given that I have enough pretty highlighters already in my collection, it's easy for these new products to pass me by, but this a gorgeous highlighter palette on a budget. All shades have such fine shimmer and they look great on the cheeks. Formulas are soft and loose for a pressed powder, so they don't feel that well made, but on the skin they are nicely smooth. All shades are useful in this palette, which is a rarity when it comes to my pale skin. 


I just felt like wearing red lips after a long time and this is just one of the shades that I have, but it's my favourite. Colour is a gorgeous true red, neither warm neither cool and it just looks so good on the lips. Finish is a true matte and it lasts quite well on the lips, about 8 hours or two meals + drinking before it needs a touch up. It's not moisturising, so it's best suited for those that don't suffer from dry lips often. I should have included Oriflame The One Unlimited Ultra Fix Lipsticks in Ultra Red and Ultra Bordeaux, in the pictures, which have a very similar formula and I've also worn them quite a lot this month. 

After months of nude shades or nothing I started wearing some colour and this red is my favourite. It's very "old school" meaning it still has one of those thin brushes that were in all nail polishes before Bourjois started the trend of wide brushes over a decade ago. My nails are narrow, so I much prefer the old precise brushes. This colours is described as a glossy strawberry, but it's more neutral than that. 
I've also loved wearing OPI Give Me Space, a sparkly dark blue "galaxy shade" this month, but since it's from an old LE, there's no point in featuring it on the pictures. 
 

I hide this one away for special occasions, so it's been sort of almost forgotten for a while and when I sprayed it I remembered how fantastic this scent it. It's warm powdery goodness, maybe a bit play-doh-ey in the background, but not like Hypnotic Poison by Dior. It's not too young, it's not too old, I also don't see it as an office scent, though it's not strong and I don't associated it with candy because this isn't sweet on me. It's not heavy, there's nothing sharp in this, it's just comforting, but not in a gourmand way. I can't describe it better, but I love it.


I'm currently too lazy to deal with body lotions and wait for them to absorb, but my skin is visibly dry, so I have to deal with it and this is so easy. I just spray it on the skin, rub it in quickly and it's done. It's not to greasy because it's a dry oil and it's nourishing enough, plus it's Moroccanoil, so it smells great. I also use this occasionally for hair. Downside is that this is so expensive, so more a luxurious treat. 

DOVE Shower Gels
Glow
I liked this version as soon as I tried it. Unlike most of the new Dove scents, the formula is thick and rich. It smells powdery clean and has some either tiny beads or powder/clay, so it feels mildly exfoliating. I can't find my favourite scent anymore, the coconut-jasmine, so it's nice to find something new I like.


TANGLE TEEZER Wet Detangling Brush & The Scalp Exfoliator and Massager
I should have included these in the Best Beauty Finds in 2021 post, but they came after I took the pictures. Anyway I love these, especially Wet Detangling Brush that I use every day. It's what I needed, a TT with a handle - I like how it fits into my hand, it's a nice size, it goes through hair smoothly and the bristles are softer than its dupes. I use The Scalp Exfoliator and Massager when my scalp is itchy and it helps to alleviate it. They quickly became every day essentials.

UPDATES


SUBRINA Colour Refresh 
Violet
I played with some temporary colour this month. It's been a while, but I enjoy good fun shade. I use this one most often, a warm purple that this time ended up more pink-purple on me because my hair is darker than it has been last year, but I still enjoyed the sugar fairy look. These are quite easy to use, always come off completely on me and I don't need to use a lot of the tube for a pastel because they are very pigmented. 



SUBRINA Recept Shampoos
Intensive & Balancing, Sensitive Action and Double Power
This is going to be almost embarrassing to admit, but these have been in my drawer for years and I've never tried them. You may know I take pictures for Subrina, so products need to stay pretty and I find their labels wear off quickly, so I just keep the stuff in the drawers. But they recently made a small change in the packaging and I moved some of the old stash in the shower. I used these to remove Colour Refresh mask quicker, since antidandruff shampoos remove colour best and I realised these are really nice. Seriously, I did not expect to like these considering my hair is so dry and annoying, but these work even for me. They all foam a lot, clean well and smell nice, plus they don't leave the hair a dry, tangled mess. Dandruff shampoos are usually not that nice for dry hair, but these are great. The Intensive & Balancing does leave my hair a bit stripped, since it's made for normal to greasy hair, but both Sensitive Action and Double Power are completely non-drying. They removed dandruff well, but I haven't been using these long enough to see the lasting effect. Double Power is also against hair fall and it has a more manly scent. 

Wishlist and (new) products I find interesting


TANGLE TEEZER Compact Styler Smashed Holo Blue - the one thing I don't need is another hair brush, but this one is sooo pretty. I have the gold-black version that I got many years ago, which even then wasn't my first colour choice (I wanted Shaun the Sheep), but it's still in perfect condition, so I'm not sure I can justify owning this one too, but it would make a pretty addition. 

REVLON Colorstay Matte Lite Crayon - These are new by Revlon and I'm a sucker for such lipstick/lip liner matte products because you can be precise with them and shape the lips. I'm not sure if (and when) they'll be here, so I don't know which shades are pretty, but on the picture is Tread Lightly.

REVLON Colorstay Skin Awaken 5 in 1 - this sound suspiciously like the Candid concealer, which I love. It promises all the basic stuff, so to conceal, brighten, hydrate, perfect and refresh. Like Candid it has vitamin C and caffeine, though no niacinamide. Reviews are promising. 

NUXE Rêve de Miel® Eau Savoureuse Parfumante - Nuxe (finally) released a fragrance Reve de Miel. It's described as a honey scent with orange flower, a soft woody base and tonka bean. I haven't had a chance to smell it, but it caught my eye as an interesting new release. I've never tried their famed honey lip balm, though I've been tempted for years. 

LASH LIFT KIT - My lashes are impossible. They grow downwards, the hit my glasses and it's not possible to curl them all, as there's always a couple that I can't catch with my curler, so they just stick down. I wanted to have a lash lift for years, but I don't like going into salons (not even hairdressers, so I do everything myself). I was not aware there are at home lash lift kits, but this one is very popular on Amazon. While I've seen articles advising not to do this at home, I've also seen thousands of good reviews. So I'm very tempted, but also somewhat concerned about using one of these. 

KERASTASE Specifique Bain Riche Dermo Calm - someone recommended me this in the comments for scalp problems. It's supposed to soothe itching and irritations, I have the former and it's hard to find something that works that's not going to be bad for dry hair. I'm very happy with Olaplex and Joico shampoos, but this is tempting to try, since I'm told is not drying. 

AVON mini fragrances - I love minis. I have one of these called Today, which is a great clean floral scent, which I always carry in my bag and it comes handy a lot. I'd like some more variety and I've finally got my hands on an Avon catalogue, so I can how at least some of the fragrances smell. I'm interested in Little Black Dress, Eve Confidence and Maxima, though I think Avon's best scent I've tested was Rare Pearls, which reminds me so much of Lancome Poeme. 

REVLON Root Erase - this isn't on my wishlist, but I like the concept - provided it works. My mom finds colouring greys such a chore and this would be perfect for those like her. Revlon claims it works in 5 minutes. It comes in a pump packaging that dispenses colour and developer at the same time, so no need for much mixing. It looks like a quick solution of greys and its more permanent than sprays/powders. I don't think we'll get it here, though. but it caught my eye as an interesting beauty product.  

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. I really love my TT Wet Detangler as well, I much prefer it to the original version and it's a pleasure to use. I hope you try and like the Kérastase shampoo, I absolutely love it :) I don't find it drying at all, on me it actually hydrates my length, yet still doesn't make my oily scalp oily.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Original TT was a bit too big for my hands, but this one is great :) I might try Kerastase at one point :) I'm interested and I've had mostly brilliant experience with the brand :)

      Izbriši
  2. Your post is amazing, I always like the posts of your website very much, I have got to learn a lot about the skin products.

    OdgovoriIzbriši

TRANSLATE